Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are their anyone who studied this? Is it worth going into and are their jobs available in the future?

Thank you in advance
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who is a self employed podiatrist. They charge 25 for half hour sessons. Works 10 til 4 monday to friday. Has two weeks off every four weeks. There's a reason why I'm planning on doing podiatry next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nobody101)
    Are their anyone who studied this? Is it worth going into and are their jobs available in the future?

Thank you in advance
    Look at podiatry arena forum , lots of good information

I enjoy the course but the job situation is not great if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scotglas)
    Look at podiatry arena forum , lots of good information

I enjoy the course but the job situation is not great if I'm honest.
    It'll always depend on what you want to do with it. So many people are looking for jobs with companies when really, if you want to be successful you need to think about starting your own business. There is an almost limitless supply of people who require a podiatrist, there is no reason why you can't make decent money from it.

With my friend, they started part time and did another job to fund themselves whilst they were starting. They now have so many clients that they often have struggle to fit them in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invisibleswords)
    It'll always depend on what you want to do with it. So many people are looking for jobs with companies when really, if you want to be successful you need to think about starting your own business. There is an almost limitless supply of people who require a podiatrist, there is no reason why you can't make decent money from it.

With my friend, they started part time and did another job to fund themselves whilst they were starting. They now have so many clients that they often have struggle to fit them in.
    yeah cutting toe nails and reducing callus , not exactly worth a 4 yr medical related degree. The NHS get all the complex patients.

You could always do the foot and health care practitioner course, save yourself 60k in student loans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scotglas)
    yeah cutting toe nails and reducing callus , not exactly worth a 4 yr medical related degree. The NHS get all the complex patients.

You could always do the foot and health care practitioner course, save yourself 60k in student loans.
    It's true, a few years back you could qualify without a degree, but I think you need to enlarge your perspective. I know of someone who qualified in the UK and is now charging 90 pounds for a basic appointment in shanghai. If you're going to do a degree, you need make it worth the effort and back it up by pursuing a career worth the time. If I do eventually choose podiatry, I'm certainly not going to let myself get stuck doing nails and callus till I retire.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.