Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I really need some advice. So I have started university and received my maintenance loan payment; my application was on the basis that I would not move to accommodation and that I would instead stay at home- but since starting university, I am really struggling with my commute and this is causing problems for me at home. The university recently sent me information about accommodation that is available, and I would really like to apply but my current maintenance loan would not cover the costs- I would not be able to cover the costs at home with income. I was wondering if it would be possible to change this so that I could take up accommodation.

Thankyou,
    Jack
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakD)
    Hi,
    I really need some advice. So I have started university and received my maintenance loan payment; my application was on the basis that I would not move to accommodation and that I would instead stay at home- but since starting university, I am really struggling with my commute and this is causing problems for me at home. The university recently sent me information about accommodation that is available, and I would really like to apply but my current maintenance loan would not cover the costs- I would not be able to cover the costs at home with income. I was wondering if it would be possible to change this so that I could take up accommodation.

Thankyou,
    Jack
    I think it's possible to be re-assesed for the full loan, but I'll defer to the SFE reps on that.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakD)
    Hi,

Thankyou,
    Jack
    Hi Jack,

You can login to your account online and attempt to make the changes online, it won't allow you to do so but it will present you with the change of circumstances form (CO1) and you can send this in to us.

This will allow us to change the living location to elsewhere and adjust your maintenance loan.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun D SFE)
    Hi Jack,

You can login to your account online and attempt to make the changes online, it won't allow you to do so but it will present you with the change of circumstances form (CO1) and you can send this in to us.

This will allow us to change the living location to elsewhere and adjust your maintenance loan.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    Hi Shaun,
    Thank you- how should i go about doing this on my online account? Ive tried to go into 'change your application'- which option should I choose?

Jack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakD)
    Hi Shaun,
    Thank you- how should i go about doing this on my online account? Ive tried to go into 'change your application'- which option should I choose?

Jack.
    Hi Jack,

Select the course/university details.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun D SFE)
    Hi Jack,

Select the course/university details.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    Thank you for your help! Should I apply for the accommodation first and then send the form? As it only asks for change of address!
    Sorry for all of my confusion!

Jack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakD)
    Thank you for your help! Should I apply for the accommodation first and then send the form? As it only asks for change of address!
    Sorry for all of my confusion!

Jack.
    Hi Jack,

If you get the accommodation confirmed then make the changes we will still backdate any funding you would be due.

Also, no need to apologize

Warm regards,

Shaun.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.