The Student Room Group

Multiple pains; pregnancy?

Basically for like the past 2 weeks I’ve had a bad back and in the last few days I keep getting pains in my ribs and boobs. I did a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and it came back negative but I’m still paranoid that this might be the case. I’m going to book myself in at the doctors but I’m scared they won’t take me seriously if I say I think I might be pregnant but I did a test and it came back negative. I just want to have a scan to be 100% sure that I’m not.
I’m just more paranoid cos my friend recently had a baby but she didn’t realise she was pregnant because she had periods, no bump (the bump went towards her back which resulted in her having bad backs) and when she thought she could of been pregnant (she kept having a few symptoms of pregnancy) and did pregnancy tests, all the tests came back negative.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
You've already posted this 5 days ago and got several helpful responses. Here's the link for you to re-read:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5014506#primary_content
Reply 2
I forgot to add that, I have actually already been to the doctors about it however the doctor said if the test came back negative it will be correct. However I feel like I need to go back because I still feel so unsettled.

*I’m going to book myself in at the doctors AGAIN
Reply 3
Before you book yourself in you should do another pregnancy test
Original post by Anonymous
I forgot to add that, I have actually already been to the doctors about it however the doctor said if the test came back negative it will be correct. However I feel like I need to go back because I still feel so unsettled.

*I’m going to book myself in at the doctors AGAIN

Do another test and get the doctor to do a blood test. Have you had your period? Is your period late?
Original post by Anonymous
Basically for like the past 2 weeks I’ve had a bad back and in the last few days I keep getting pains in my ribs and boobs. I did a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and it came back negative but I’m still paranoid that this might be the case. I’m going to book myself in at the doctors but I’m scared they won’t take me seriously if I say I think I might be pregnant but I did a test and it came back negative. I just want to have a scan to be 100% sure that I’m not.
I’m just more paranoid cos my friend recently had a baby but she didn’t realise she was pregnant because she had periods, no bump (the bump went towards her back which resulted in her having bad backs) and when she thought she could of been pregnant (she kept having a few symptoms of pregnancy) and did pregnancy tests, all the tests came back negative.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Pregnancy tests are incredibly sensitive. Far, far more sensitive than any scan. If you are pregnant then it WILL be positive.

Quick Reply

Latest