Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Multiple pains; pregnancy? Watch

Basically for like the past 2 weeks I’ve had a bad back and in the last few days I keep getting pains in my ribs and boobs. I did a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and it came back negative but I’m still paranoid that this might be the case. I’m going to book myself in at the doctors but I’m scared they won’t take me seriously if I say I think I might be pregnant but I did a test and it came back negative. I just want to have a scan to be 100% sure that I’m not.
    I’m just more paranoid cos my friend recently had a baby but she didn’t realise she was pregnant because she had periods, no bump (the bump went towards her back which resulted in her having bad backs) and when she thought she could of been pregnant (she kept having a few symptoms of pregnancy) and did pregnancy tests, all the tests came back negative.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

ReputationRep:
    You've already posted this 5 days ago and got several helpful responses. Here's the link for you to re-read:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

I forgot to add that, I have actually already been to the doctors about it however the doctor said if the test came back negative it will be correct. However I feel like I need to go back because I still feel so unsettled.

*I’m going to book myself in at the doctors AGAIN

ReputationRep:
    Before you book yourself in you should do another pregnancy test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I forgot to add that, I have actually already been to the doctors about it however the doctor said if the test came back negative it will be correct. However I feel like I need to go back because I still feel so unsettled.

*I’m going to book myself in at the doctors AGAIN
    Do another test and get the doctor to do a blood test. Have you had your period? Is your period late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically for like the past 2 weeks I’ve had a bad back and in the last few days I keep getting pains in my ribs and boobs. I did a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and it came back negative but I’m still paranoid that this might be the case. I’m going to book myself in at the doctors but I’m scared they won’t take me seriously if I say I think I might be pregnant but I did a test and it came back negative. I just want to have a scan to be 100% sure that I’m not.
    I’m just more paranoid cos my friend recently had a baby but she didn’t realise she was pregnant because she had periods, no bump (the bump went towards her back which resulted in her having bad backs) and when she thought she could of been pregnant (she kept having a few symptoms of pregnancy) and did pregnancy tests, all the tests came back negative.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
    Pregnancy tests are incredibly sensitive. Far, far more sensitive than any scan. If you are pregnant then it WILL be positive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.