Can you still do alot of extra-curriculars and still do well in gsces? Watch

conqueringgoals
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Guys.. hey I am in year 11 and I love doing many extra-curricular activities but I feel I put too much on and it will not able me to do well in gsces but I do not want to get rid of any of them because they will help me for the profession I want to go to or they are really fun. I am very academic too so this is a tough decision. I do not mind if it is harsh but can someone just give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated
conqueringgoals
Rep:
?
And some I cannot get rid of like school play and dofe
username3320302
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you feel like you can balance both your school work and your extra curricular activities
Then its fine
Dizgurl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its honestly about how good you are at time management. If you stick to a routine religiously and effectively manage your time (e.g short and effective revision methods) there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to balance the two.
However how well you can manage your time is only up to you- so if you think extra curriculars stop you from giving sufficient time for GCSE's, then its probably time to prioritise and cut things down.
TeacupAndTragedy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Time management is key. If you think you can find a balance, then you should be fine.
Uranium Potato
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need to know the balance
Natwest balance
Barclay’s balance
Bank account balance
Everywhere you go, the balance
Even your girlfriend’s balance
(Go to 1.24)

No but seriously its about balancing academic learning with your extra-curricular stuff - the correct balance will get you there
conqueringgoals
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone for the advice. I will really take the advice on board and I will get rid of one of the activities but will keep the rest and keep a good balance!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?