Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Change of circumstances - Tuition fees loan Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Good morning, I am an EU student from Italy studying in the UK. I had to be on exchange in Spain, through the Erasmus+ scheme the whole academic year. I had to pay only 1500£ (more or less) tuition fees to my UK university since I was going to be abroad. I applied for the tuition fees loan for this amount and it was accepted. However now I changed my Erasmus, that is going to be only 1 semester long, so my University told me that I will have to pay 4500£ in tuition fees (for the semester I'm going to spend in the UK). Can I still get this amount? Is there a form that I need to fulfil in order to get the loan to cover my tuition fees?
    Thank you in advance, I hope I was clear enough!
    Filippo
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lifippo)
    Good morning, I am an EU student from Italy studying in the UK. I had to be on exchange in Spain, through the Erasmus+ scheme the whole academic year. I had to pay only 1500£ (more or less) tuition fees to my UK university since I was going to be abroad. I applied for the tuition fees loan for this amount and it was accepted. However now I changed my Erasmus, that is going to be only 1 semester long, so my University told me that I will have to pay 4500£ in tuition fees (for the semester I'm going to spend in the UK). Can I still get this amount? Is there a form that I need to fulfil in order to get the loan to cover my tuition fees?
    Thank you in advance, I hope I was clear enough!
    Filippo

Hi Filippo,

We would require a Change of Circumstances (COC) from your university then we can reassess the application. You can contact your university to arrange this to be sent over.

Warm regards.

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun D SFE)
    Hi Filippo,

We would require a Change of Circumstances (COC) from your university then we can reassess the application. You can contact your university to arrange this to be sent over.

Warm regards.

Shaun.
    Thank you very much Shaun,
    so I would just need to get in touch with my university about that, they will send the documentation to you, and that's it?
    I do not need to do anything more?

Thank you again!
    Filippo
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lifippo)
    Thank you very much Shaun,
    so I would just need to get in touch with my university about that, they will send the documentation to you, and that's it?
    I do not need to do anything more?

Thank you again!
    Filippo
    Hi Filippo,

They send over electronic confirmation and we update this on your account. Nothing else required.

-Shaun.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.