Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a 16 year old male, I know it's completely natural and down to hormones but it's really making me feel self conscious about my appearance.

I'm lucky because I only get about 2 to 3 at a time, it's like whac-a-mole, when one goes down another comes up!

they're mostly on my forehead, very rarely I'd get any on my cheeks. I use Bulldog face wash every morning and then I use clearasil rapid action scrub both morning and at night.

How do I get rid of all pimples and scars? how do I stop them from ever coming back? I've had them since i was about 12/13.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Try different creams, and stick to the one that works best for you.
    Change your pillow case and towel on the reg.
    Dont poke and prod them.

ReputationRep:
    Something that works for my family is only eating chocolates/crisps etc straight after a meal rather than in between. I'll be honest I had horrendous ones up until lately (I'm nearly 19 now). I get the odd one once every two months or so. I've just learned not to look in the mirror if it bothers me that much. Most people don't even realise it's there until you point it out to them by being really self conscious.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a 16 year old male, I know it's completely natural and down to hormones but it's really making me feel self conscious about my appearance.

I'm lucky because I only get about 2 to 3 at a time, it's like whac-a-mole, when one goes down another comes up!

they're mostly on my forehead, very rarely I'd get any on my cheeks. I use Bulldog face wash every morning and then I use clearasil rapid action scrub both morning and at night.

How do I get rid of all pimples and scars? how do I stop them from ever coming back? I've had them since i was about 12/13.
    Try not to poke or squeeze them. If one comes up you can use a cream like germoline to get it gone a bit quicker.
    Keep your face clean, but don't over wash it. You might like to see how it goes if you skip the bulldog.
    Things like cocoa butter and bio oil are meant to help with scaring.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I've had moderate serve acne and I'd say go to doctors if you've had since 12/13 they'll sort it out. Ignore anything outside of NHS, for me it made my acne 20x worse and made is from mild to moderate serve, stopping the stuff itself made the NEW acne mild but i only got inflammation which will be gone within a few months.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.