Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I do and what does he think about me? Watch

So I just changed schools and I met a popular guy. He talked to me in real life for two weeks and then we started talking through WhatsApp. We started talking like small talk and then he sent heart emojis and he said that I was pretty. We kept on talking and two weeks later, that's when I asked him why his friends look at me weirdly, he told me that he told his friends that I was cute, etc. A few days later I started noticing that he stares at me and he asked me some personal questions. Yesterday, he started shutting me down or hating me, idk. Our conversations are like this now:
    Mei
    Himello
    Me: What's up?
    Him:Nothing
    Some time later...
    Me: What are you doing?
    Me: What's wrong?
    Him: Nothing

Before, it was really long convos and he sent many emojis and everything... He didn't hear anything wrong about me because I haven't told anyone my secrets yet. I googled it (of course) and I found answers that said that he was.running away from his feelings or he is trying to hate me by making me hate him so he can stop thinking about me...

What do I do? and what does he think about me/what is he doing?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry that you're dealing with a change in his attitude, it's tough. First of all, don't try and guess the reason behind him being blunt with you, it could be something in his own life that he's struggling with and may not be a reflection on you at all. If it is a reflection on you, then I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to run away from his emotions as his friends might be taking the mick out of him if he told them he thought you were cute (because in today's society, guys aren't allowed to have feelings). He might just be confused and may not have really liked someone before.

It's sad that you have included the fact that he hasn't heard anything wrong about you - don't blame yourself! Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses!

As I said to start with, don't try and guess the reasons, just be open with him and ask what's going on - state that he has changed the way that he's talking to you and that you used to have long conversations with each other and want to know what changed. He might just say nothing, he might actually tell you what's going on. If he doesn't tell you, then you might just have to say to him that you deserve better than someone who is going to mess you around!

Take care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I just changed schools and I met a popular guy. He talked to me in real life for two weeks and then we started talking through WhatsApp. We started talking like small talk and then he sent heart emojis and he said that I was pretty. We kept on talking and two weeks later, that's when I asked him why his friends look at me weirdly, he told me that he told his friends that I was cute, etc. A few days later I started noticing that he stares at me and he asked me some personal questions. Yesterday, he started shutting me down or hating me, idk. Our conversations are like this now:
    Mei
    Himello
    Me: What's up?
    Some time later...
    Me: What are you doing?
    Me: What's wrong?
    Him: Nothing

Before, it was really long convos and he sent many emojis and everything... He didn't hear anything wrong about me because I haven't told anyone my secrets yet. I googled it (of course) and I found answers that said that he was.running away from his feelings or he is trying to hate me by making me hate him so he can stop thinking about me...

What do I do? and what does he think about me/what is he doing?
    Hey there don't take quick actions. Just calm down. You have got to know what this world is, who people are. You have done something good cause you have not tell him your secrets(I dont know what they are of). I told this because I have had a time like that. And I still have. You told that he has told to his friend that you were cute. So sometimes he might have recognise that his friend was starring at you and they might have had a conversation. If his friend come to you and ask for a relationship with you sometimes he might have to carry it on.And I feel if his friend comes to you, he(not his friend but him) is willing your happiness but I cant say exactly. Cause everyone is not cold hearted.

So my dear friend hope you will be fine and I'll tell you something and dont be angry with me. (This is a kind of quote) There's not only one fish in the sea but 1000s and milions. So if he belongs to you he will come back to you and you'll be waiting. Be patient and the time will make you good of it to you and let you understand what good and bad is in that relationship, buddy. Bye.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.