The Student Room Group

Sucessful in sainsburys interview but no vacancy

Hi there,
I recently had an interview at a sainsburys store and today I have recieved an email saying that I was succesful however the job has been filled and that they may consider me for other vacancies. Has anyone else had this happen to them and are you allowed to apply for other jobs or would you get an immediate rejection as on my online account the status is still first stage interview and it gives me an option to withdraw.
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
BUMP
You didn't get the job. Look for another one.
They aren't going to tell you that you're terrible; there's no need to do that- they just said that you're fine, you're good, but they don't want you, as there are better options.
Reply 4
Original post by akCambridge
You didn't get the job. Look for another one.
They aren't going to tell you that you're terrible; there's no need to do that- they just said that you're fine, you're good, but they don't want you, as there are better options.

But as I heard Sainsbury's head office assesses the interview, if I was successful in the first interview would I need to be interviewed again for a different vacancy.

And the person who interviewed me said that if I was successful but didn't get the vacancy they would put me forward to other departments before the vacancy is put online.
This is the email I recieved:

We are pleased to say that you have passed the interview stage of our selection process. Your skills are a good match for Sainsbury's. However, we are not able to progress your application any further for the moment as we do have other candidates whose skills are an even closer match for this particular role. We hope to find you a suitable opportunity in the future and we will be in touch if a suitable position becomes available.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in joining Sainsburys and for the time you have taken with your application. Please continue to visit our website as our business is continuing to grow with new opportunities becoming available on a regular basis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending