Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sucessful in sainsburys interview but no vacancy Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I recently had an interview at a sainsburys store and today I have recieved an email saying that I was succesful however the job has been filled and that they may consider me for other vacancies. Has anyone else had this happen to them and are you allowed to apply for other jobs or would you get an immediate rejection as on my online account the status is still first stage interview and it gives me an option to withdraw.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    You didn't get the job. Look for another one.
    They aren't going to tell you that you're terrible; there's no need to do that- they just said that you're fine, you're good, but they don't want you, as there are better options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akCambridge)
    You didn't get the job. Look for another one.
    They aren't going to tell you that you're terrible; there's no need to do that- they just said that you're fine, you're good, but they don't want you, as there are better options.
    But as I heard Sainsbury's head office assesses the interview, if I was successful in the first interview would I need to be interviewed again for a different vacancy.

And the person who interviewed me said that if I was successful but didn't get the vacancy they would put me forward to other departments before the vacancy is put online.
    This is the email I recieved:

We are pleased to say that you have passed the interview stage of our selection process. Your skills are a good match for Sainsbury's. However, we are not able to progress your application any further for the moment as we do have other candidates whose skills are an even closer match for this particular role. We hope to find you a suitable opportunity in the future and we will be in touch if a suitable position becomes available.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in joining Sainsburys and for the time you have taken with your application. Please continue to visit our website as our business is continuing to grow with new opportunities becoming available on a regular basis.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.