English Language and Literature NEA A Level - help needed!

Watch
Chumbury
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I’m doing the NEA* for a level English Lang/lit and have had a complete block on how to write it. My resources aren’t very helpful and my teachers have tried to explain what to do/ how to structure it but I’m getting nowhere. If anyone has a definitive “formula” of how to structure the introduction, at least, help would be much appreciated!

*My chosen texts are Macbeth and a transcript on domestic violence, exploring presentation of power. (My original idea was too thesis-y so had to switch my approach which I don’t think has helped - as a bit of context).
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chumbury)
So I’m doing the NEA* for a level English Lang/lit and have had a complete block on how to write it. My resources aren’t very helpful and my teachers have tried to explain what to do/ how to structure it but I’m getting nowhere. If anyone has a definitive “formula” of how to structure the introduction, at least, help would be much appreciated!

*My chosen texts are Macbeth and a transcript on domestic violence, exploring presentation of power. (My original idea was too thesis-y so had to switch my approach which I don’t think has helped - as a bit of context).
M Bruff has a cheap guide to English Lit and a GCSE guide to Macbeth

Ofc you can just get an NEA textbook if there is one on Amazon

http://mrbruff.com/product/mr-bruffs...re-ebook-copy/

http://mrbruff.com/product/mr-bruffs...macbeth-ebook/
JSTR4
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chumbury)

Hi, did you ever find anything? I’m just getting ready to start mine and can’t find much info on the net and my teacher isn’t helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.2%

Watched Threads