Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone currently studying in the university of Portsmouth?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Zambrotta)
    Hi

So sorry we haven't replied to you!

What course are you interested in studying? I can try and find a student to talk to you about the course and what it is like to live and study in Portsmouth.

In the meantime a Portsmouth graduate wrote a guide to living in Portsmouth in another thread, why not take a look.

Shout if you have any other questions.

Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zambrotta)
    I am! Happy to answer any questions you may have Amy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I am too!

Just ask anything you need to know

ReputationRep:
    What is life like at Portsmouth? You see I am trying to pick one university for my choices and I don't want to quickly make a choice. I want to know the level of teaching, the accommodation, job prospects but I don't want a biased response. BE HONEST! Also I want to apply for Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Hiii!

I'm doing Journalism so I can't really help you course wise but all I can say is that the university is great! Since it's a city university, everything is near each other, so it's easy to get around. The only difficult thing right now is the bus since they come at such awkward times. However, I've been told that they might get rid of the university buses since they're taking down the Langstone Village Halls (which I'm currently staying at). But, from my point of view they probably won't since a lot of students are staying at Southsea. But, if you're a first-year student, international or postgrad, they're most likely to offer you accommodation at one of the university halls. The best one right now is Catherine House since it's the latest hall but the only downside is that it's up there in price. Other halls which are great are Trafalgar, Greetham and James Watson according to my friends who are staying there. I don't know the pricing though for this year, also they have new student accommodations opening in September
    If you don't want to stay in university halls, I know that they can always help you find a place if you ask them.

Teaching wise, lecturers are pretty good. You will occasionally get the ones which aren't that good, but hey, that's typical for all universities. Most of the time they're great and always able to help you when needed. Again, I can't really elaborate on the teaching for Psychology, but all in all, they're generally very good.

Job prospects wise, I know that Portsmouth University is really good for graduates getting jobs since they have really good links to industries, which is always a plus They update job prospects and such all year round so you'll always know about job openings and internships and such.

If you want to know, then just ask or message and I'll try to help you further

(Original post by KabKab)
    What is life like at Portsmouth? You see I am trying to pick one university for my choices and I don't want to quickly make a choice. I want to know the level of teaching, the accommodation, job prospects but I don't want a biased response. BE HONEST! Also I want to apply for Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student on a gap year and would like to get in contact with someone who is currently studying International Business, as that's what ill be taking there from September 2018.

Thanks Theo
    (Original post by UoP InfoCentre)
    Hi

So sorry we haven't replied to you!

What course are you interested in studying? I can try and find a student to talk to you about the course and what it is like to live and study in Portsmouth.

In the meantime a Portsmouth graduate wrote a guide to living in Portsmouth in another thread, why not take a look.

Shout if you have any other questions.

Alex

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.