Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with interpreting a presentation title please! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got to do a presentation and the title is "What were the main factors that enabled Donald Trump to be elected president?"

Sorry if this sounds stupid I'm not quite sure what this question means. Do you think it is referring to structural issues, such as the electoral college which allowed Mr Trump to win despite Mrs Clinton winning the popular vote, the way primaries are run and won, or do you think it is referring to things like the voter demographic, policy and personality of the candidates etc?

Of course it could be that I'm just really over thinking things lol.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's open ended, so you have scope to asses all of those things and say which you think is the most significant of them, eg. the elctoral college might have peripherally given him some traction (popular vote to Clinton etc), but is it really the *main* reason, or just an outlier to the main issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    It's open ended, so you have scope to asses all of those things and say which you think is the most significant of them, eg. the elctoral college might have peripherally given him some traction (popular vote to Clinton etc), but is it really the *man* reason, or just an outlier to the main issues?
    Thank you very much for your response and suggestions. I think you are right, I probably was just overthinking it.

I think the word "enabled" threw me off, I feel it sort of implying his election to the presidency was just by accident, and he himself had little to do with it. Idk.

Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    'Enabled' is an odd choice of word but I think it's just poorly phrased, I wouldn't read too much into it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.