Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wanted some opinions about having driving lessons in the dark. My driving instructor has asked me to do an evening lesson at 5-7pm. This will only be my third lesson and I am a little hesitant. I usually do my lessons mid morning when it is not too busy and visibility is clear. So far I have been lucky and my two lessons so far have been in the dry and light. Having to drive at dark makes me a little uneasy, however I will have to drive in the dark eventually.

Do you think at my 3rd lesson it is too early on to be driving in the dark?

ReputationRep:
    probably a bit early yeah as 5-7pm will be quite a busy time with people coming home from work and such. whilst i was learning i worked 3am - 8am with my mum and she'd let me drive in a lot so i actually spent most of my learning time in the dark at 3am! but i guess the difference there is that there is hardly anyone on the road at 3am compared to 5-7pm. it's good to get used to driving at that time but i would definitely ask for an earlier one as you're only 3 lessons in. i usually had my lessons at 11am as well and i agree it's a really nice time of day to have a lesson as it's nice and quiet

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.