Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wanted some opinions about having driving lessons in the dark. My driving instructor has asked me to do an evening lesson at 5-7pm. This will only be my third lesson and I am a little hesitant. I usually do my lessons mid morning when it is not too busy and visibility is clear. So far I have been lucky and my two lessons so far have been in the dry and light. Having to drive at dark makes me a little uneasy, however I will have to drive in the dark eventually.

Do you think at my 3rd lesson it is too early on to be driving in the dark?

ReputationRep:
    probably a bit early yeah as 5-7pm will be quite a busy time with people coming home from work and such. whilst i was learning i worked 3am - 8am with my mum and she'd let me drive in a lot so i actually spent most of my learning time in the dark at 3am! but i guess the difference there is that there is hardly anyone on the road at 3am compared to 5-7pm. it's good to get used to driving at that time but i would definitely ask for an earlier one as you're only 3 lessons in. i usually had my lessons at 11am as well and i agree it's a really nice time of day to have a lesson as it's nice and quiet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.