Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, when you are working out Kc concentration for products, you do initial moles + moles reacted when given an equilibrium concentration for a reactant, for example.

So if a reactant was 1 mole intially, but 0.3 at equilbrium and you were finding out the equilibrium moles for product, would it be (0+0.3) or (0+0.7) ?
    Im getting confused.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PleaseHelppppp)
    So if a reactant was 1 mole intially, but 0.3 at equilbrium and you were finding out the equilibrium moles for product, would it be (0+0.3) or (0+0.7) ?
    Assuming a reaction like A <-> B, i.e. 1 mol of reactant turns into 1 mol of product.

Rather than answer your Q, how about I re-quote you with a small change:

So if a reactant was 1 mole intially, but 0 at equilbrium and you were finding out the equilibrium moles for product, would it be (0+0) or (0+1.0) ?
    I hope you now know which of your suggestions was correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Assuming a reaction like A <-> B, i.e. 1 mol of reactant turns into 1 mol of product.

Rather than answer your Q, how about I re-quote you with a small change:

I hope you now know which of your suggestions was correct.
    It would be (1.0 + 0.0) ?

ReputationRep:
    It would be (1.0 + 0.0) ?
    So, what would the amount of product formed be in your hypothetical problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    So, what would the amount of product formed be in your hypothetical problem?
    (0+0.7) would be moles reacted + initial moles. So this the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (0+0.7) would be moles reacted + initial moles. So this the answer?
    Huzzah.

Simples?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.