Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently called a pizza shop nearby and asked if they're looking for any vacancies, they replied yes and asked me to come in tomorrow so we can have a talk (I'm assuming this is an interview).

So I'm guessing I should come in casual clothes since wearing a suit to a pizza shop would be absurd. My main concern is that I don't know how to make pizzas, do they expect me to know how to make pizzas or will training of pizza making be provided?

If anyone has had any previous experiences with interviews and vacancies at pizza shops please include them.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    don't worry they will teach you this when you get there, they wouldn't expect you to know this beforehand

ReputationRep:
    That's a tricky one. I would say go in 'smart casual' - shirt and jeans would do just fine, I imagine.

They should train you too - it would be absurd of them not to! Either way, that will probably be covered in the discussion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Id go smart-casual. and theyll show you everything and the way they do things anyway Id imagine

ReputationRep:
    well my brother has worked in a TON of fast food restaurants, and hes also been the chef too in some of them. there are many roles in a fast food restaurant, the cashier, the waiter, the chef, the dishwasher...the manager, etc. if they have specifically told you they want you to work as a chef to make pizzas then its most likely they'll have their own recipes and will teach them to you and how to cook them before you start working there as training i guess :P almost every shop does this. although it would be helpful if you have basic knowledge/skills in cooking (how to cut vegetables and such, how to work an oven etc... ). thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    That's a tricky one. I would say go in 'smart casual' - shirt and jeans would do just fine, I imagine.

They should train you too - it would be absurd of them not to! Either way, that will probably be covered in the discussion.
    When you say shirt do you mean like a shirt with buttons and a collar or just a regular casual shirt? Would a polo shirt also work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imzy010)
    well my brother has worked in a TON of fast food restaurants, and hes also been the chef too in some of them. there are many roles in a fast food restaurant, the cashier, the waiter, the chef, the dishwasher...the manager, etc. if they have specifically told you they want you to work as a chef to make pizzas then its most likely they'll have their own recipes and will teach them to you and how to cook them before you start working there as training i guess :P almost every shop does this. although it would be helpful if you have basic knowledge/skills in cooking (how to cut vegetables and such, how to work an oven etc... ). thats about it.
    What're your brothers experiences? Would he recommended the job to others? Was it very tiring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trivial Student)
    What're your brothers experiences? Would he recommended the job to others? Was it very tiring?
    well to be honest hes never had any bad experiences. the only thing was one time he fractured his wrist somehow :P but it was an accident lol. other than that hes a simple kind of guy, he doesn't demand much and hes happy working in the restaurant hes in at the moment (3 years working in the same restaurant now). the only thing he wishes he could have is higher pay but hes too lazy to get a better job even tho he has a lot of experience :P even tho he works in this small restaurant he does find it VERY tiring which you may not believe, (i also found hard to believe). he sometimes works as the chef, waiter, and cashier depending on whats available on the day. but thats also because he has late shifts (into the am's - early morning). but although hes happy where he works i dont think he would recommend it to others especially long term, maybe for a short time to gain experience but thats about it because the pay isnt good and sometimes the managers of certain food restaurants are quite stingey with money. like his managers in his last few jobs who paid him minimum wage even tho they were making lots of money and he felt that he was being overworked in some of his old jobs hence why he left. so make sure they pay you the right amount, often they make it seem like they are not earning much money because they are a small shop or a small business but that's no excuse, so they pay employees less when in reality they are just gaining more profit. also he mentioned how sometimes it gets quite boring and tedious while earning little money which may make it hard and unmotivating to work in that same job for long. hope i helped lol sorry for the long rant. anymore questions please ask and ill try to find out from my brother

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.