Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UK University Radio SUCKS Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why are university radio stations in the UK so moist?
    The US have way better "college radio" with actual FM broadcast licences. They are famous for breaking massive artists all the time.

I joined my uni's "radio society", (mixcloud.com/questradio) and frankly I am surprised with how little effort they put into marketing, or station-backed producing of people's shows.

Basically during freshers' week they just sort of find in a couple dozen students who are interested in having a show, and with in my opinion, not enough training, throw them into the studio, where everyone is left to fend for themselves.

My comedy talk show about student life has been listened to two or three more times than the rest of the station combined, and I am making an effort to improve it every week. If you have some feedback I would appreciate it. mixcloud.com/questradio/the-arturo-mendoza-show-week-3 The QM Confessions bit might be a little bit too local to my university, it refers to this. Drapers is our student bar. Hail Mary is one of its nights.

Are there any UK uni radio stations that actually have thousands of listeners?

Do you listen to your university's radio station?

Are you even aware of the name of your university's radio station? Check. There probably is one.

Name:  radioshow.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  56.8 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.