English lit 8
    RE A*
    German A
    Latin A
    Biology B
    Chemistry A
    Physics A
    Geography B

For A-Levels I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. But I might take AS Physics and take the rest to A2.

What universities do you think I have a chance of getting into assuming I get a good UKCAT score, A-level predicted grades and have a good personal statement?

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, the 2018 entry deadline has passed now, it was October 15th, but I guess you mean 2019 entry? Every year medical schools will publish admissions policies on what they want for GCSEs, AS/A levels, UKCAT, BMAT etc. The best thing to do is research medical schools that play to your strengths. For you, although you have good GCSEs, many candidates will have higher ones and so because of how competitive medicine is, it would be wise to stay clear of "GCSE heavy" universities.

The medical schools council also publish a document with entry requirements for every UK medical school and how these are used, for 2017 entry this also included % weightings, which may well have changed, but you'll be able to see the schools that place more emphasis on GCSEs.

You should aim to get a good UKCAT/BMAT score, plenty of volunteering and work experience and write a good personal statement and you'll be in a good position to apply. Good luck with your application.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsg9)
    Hi, the 2018 entry deadline has passed now, it was October 15th, but I guess you mean 2019 entry? Every year medical schools will publish admissions policies on what they want for GCSEs, AS/A levels, UKCAT, BMAT etc. The best thing to do is research medical schools that play to your strengths. For you, although you have good GCSEs, many candidates will have higher ones and so because of how competitive medicine is, it would be wise to stay clear of "GCSE heavy" universities.

The medical schools council also publish a document with entry requirements for every UK medical school and how these are used, for 2017 entry this also included % weightings, which may well have changed, but you'll be able to see the schools that place more emphasis on GCSEs.

You should aim to get a good UKCAT/BMAT score, plenty of volunteering and work experience and write a good personal statement and you'll be in a good position to apply. Good luck with your application.
    Thank you so much for your advice. But do you have any specific universities that I should consider applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sergeant Teddy)
    Hey, I'm in year 12.
    For GCSEs I got:
    Maths 7
    English lan 7
    English lit 8
    RE A*
    German A
    Latin A
    Biology B
    Chemistry A
    Physics A
    Geography B

For A-Levels I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. But I might take AS Physics and take the rest to A2.

What universities do you think I have a chance of getting into assuming I get a good UKCAT score, A-level predicted grades and have a good personal statement?

Thanks for any help.
    I wouldn’t worry about where to apply yet! You have to get your BMAT/ UKCAT done so you can have an idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollBritton98)
    I wouldn’t worry about where to apply yet! You have to get your BMAT/ UKCAT done so you can have an idea
    Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sergeant Teddy)
    Thank you so much for your advice. But do you have any specific universities that I should consider applying to?
    I agree with MollBritton98. It's hard to know where to apply before you have an idea of how your UKCAT/BMAT will go and what your A2 predictions will be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.