Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keslo - Road To Cambridge watch

ReputationRep:

I had forgotten about this thread but its 14/02/20 now an I plan on posting everyday. Thread Updated.

Why I am doing this thread
    Recently I have add an issue with smoking, weed to be precise. I have been neglecting my education to go and be an antisocial teenager in my local park. I honestly feel stupid and know its time to change. My parents are from India and my dad even though he is qualified in aerospace engineer is struggling to find work. Recently he has gotten a job in a warehouse, he has a deep hatred for the job but continues for the benefit of his kids. I honestly just want to make my parents proud and do my 11 years of schooling justice. The Goal is Cambridge then a high paying job.

Lessons I enjoy
    I really enjoy mathematics and i am currently doing an FSMQ additional maths course alongside my GSSE's. I am not sure would to choose in college. My am currently thinking of doing Further Maths, Law and economics however my dad thinks that there is no money in being a lawyer and that I should become an engineer like he used to be. I'm considering choosing physics as my fourth options simply to make him happy. I know its wrong but I don't want to disappoint him. I am open to any suggestions.

Hobbies
    My hobbies include going to the gym and PUMPING IRON but in all seriousness it has had a huge positive impact in terms of my grade, it made me disciplined and exercise is good for the brain i have been told. I used to be into football and rugby but I hardly have time anymore these days. I do love binging Netflix sometimes however I try not to watch TV shows as often, I recently watched American Crime Story - The People Vs OJ. It was honestly a great show about the real life "murderer" OJ Simpson and recommend anyone with a bit of spare time to watch it.

A Level Options
    I have applied for further maths, a level maths and economics but after i sent my applications I was informed that i had to pick another a level as i was doing further maths so I'm already off to a bad start... I'm considering picking physics as my fourth option as it seems like the best option even though I don't really care for science. I may end up picking chemistry instead of physics but currently i have no clue.

Quote to follow - If You Need Inspiring Words You Should Not Do It

First Set Of Mock Results :cry:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Maths - 8/9 ( Nearly a 9 but I can still apply for further maths)
    Science - 5 overall ( Really sad but I focused mostly on maths, I got what i deserved)
    Buiness - B
    RE - 6 (not bad considering I did no revision)
    English Literature - 7 ( really happy with this, school average was a 3)
    English Lang - 5 (i knew as i stepped out the hall that I messed up on the last question)
    Geography - 6 (not much revision done on this)

Gcse School Predictions / Personal Predictions (My Goals)
    Spoiler:
    Show

English - 7 / 8
    Maths - 8 / 9
    FSMQ Additional Maths - A / A
    Biology - 7 / 8
    Chemistry -7 / 8
    Physics - 7 / 8
    French - 6 / 7
    Geography - 6 / 8
    Business Studies - A* / A*

ReputationRep:
    what course do you hope to do at cambridge?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    what course do you hope to do at cambridge?
    I have always been interested in commercial law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keslo)
    how did you become interested in commerical law??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keslo)
    interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    how did you become interested in commerical law??
    I have always wanted to work for a big firm, something about everyone working hard everyday to try and be better than each other really intrigues me and also knowing my work has a small influence on big businesses that deal with lots of money makes it that much more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also looking at Cambridge for law atm, see you there in a few years maybe?:cool: Good luck with this year mate your grades look ace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinegrove)
    I'm also looking at Cambridge for law atm, see you there in a few years maybe?:cool: Good luck with this year mate your grades look ace!
    Haha i hope so, I checked out your GYG and it's way better than mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    interesting!
    Nice change, most people think it is stupid that i want to pursue a career in commercial law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keslo)
    Nice change, most people think it is stupid that i want to pursue a career in commercial law.
    it’s definitely not stupid!!!

ReputationRep:
    Today I did my 2nd maths mock and I think it went well, I also did an RE mock which I probably failed miserably as I did no prior revision as i wanted to focus on maths. Hopefully I get an 8 in the maths mock so I can apply for further maths in college.

ReputationRep:
    Today was stressful, I had an english lang exam and a french writing, I feel like the english exam went well however the last question on the writing on was describe your ideal best friend, I wrote that I was my ideal best friend and described myself as i did no prior revision due to focusing on english. Hopefully they will award marks for it.

ReputationRep:
    English literature and business both went great today, now I am just revising for the last maths paper and the Science paper.

ReputationRep:
    So I went to an open day with my friends and it really motivated me to try and succeed in my GCSE's, Im considering doing Further Maths, chemistry and either physics or economics as they leave my options open.

ReputationRep:
    Had forgotten about this thread.

I got my maths and science mock results back today and I am pretty annoyed at science, however, i should have revised it more. I am just hoping my other mock results are not as bad as these results. I'll update it more as I get more of my results back.

ReputationRep:
    I"ve decided what a levels and what career path I would like to do. Read my new para if you wish to find out.

Any plans this weekend?

ReputationRep:
    My A-level options are maths, further maths and economics
    figured they are good for finance related jobs and I know that I would never succeed in a science related job.

ReputationRep:
    I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.
    Todays was quite productive for me in revisions. I had a good session at the gym followed by a 7 hour revision sessions.
    Topics revised today - Organic Chemistry
    - Infection and Response
    - 2 Maths Past Papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keslo)
    I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.
    Todays was quite productive for me in revisions. I had a good session at the gym followed by a 7 hour revision sessions.
    Topics revised today - Organic Chemistry
    - Infection and Response
    - 2 Maths Past Papers
    hey happy to see you're back!
    well done for being productive...me on the other hand, well let's say i've got a serious case of procrastination

ReputationRep:
    yo, coming from an asian family myself - don't feel like you have to do everything your parents say, if you wanna do physics then, by all means, go for it! but at the end of the day, you're the one sitting that physics paper, not your dad

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.