Turn on thread page Beta

Portugal uk study doubt ?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey !! I am here in Portugal and I have just finished my grade 11 here and I wanted to continue my studies in uk so !! Grade 11 in Portugal is equivalent to gcse?? Can I do a foundation course directly in uk ??
    Please help me !!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Pemba sherpa)
    Hey !! I am here in Portugal and I have just finished my grade 11 here and I wanted to continue my studies in uk so !! Grade 11 in Portugal is equivalent to gcse?? Can I do a foundation course directly in uk ??
    Please help me !!

If you were to study in the UK then you would need some post 16 qualification i.e after GCSE . You could study at school or college in the UK if you have been resident in the EU for three years preceeding the start of the course, just enroll.. You should be aware such rights may disappear after Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    Please help me !!
    Hey, I'm Portuguese and I'm currently doing a foundation in art and design in London and I didn't have any problem at all applying with my Portuguese qualifications. However, just when I got here, I was told I had to do the GCSE in English - all my qualifications were equivalent except English - which really really pissed me off honestly. Now I have to go to a weekly English class for 3 hours in the day I'm supposed to do independent work and take an exam at the end of the year. This happened to the other Portuguese student too, except the ones who were over 19. If you are doing a BA you also don't have to do it.

Moral of the story: you'll have no problems applying with your Portuguese grades, you just might have to take the GCSE while you're on the course. Keep in mind that I'm talking about my own personal experience in my university, I don't know if it changes if you apply to other subject other than art, so I would suggest you email the uni.

If you have any other question don't hesitate to ask me if you want!

ReputationRep:
    Please help me !!
    Ohhhhh boa noite Sr/a Português/portuguesa
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.