The Student Room Group

Apple Employee's daughter shown using iPhone X in café macs - the Apple staff café

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Black Water
Read it from here and watched the videos.

interesting - funny how no other sites have mentioned it yet when scott forstall got fired it was all over the news
Original post by gareths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBeD8E2xxck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzGKwjr_js

what do you guys think as i am feeling mixed - as various others have done vids at the apple event and they get away with it BUT her dad got fired for something he didn't do but her daughter did

I think most people would show off if they got an iphone before it was released.
Also im sure apple would’ve warned the father not to post videos online- else firing him is pretty harsh
Reply 22
Original post by N/A IS THE NAME
I think most people would show off if they got an iphone before it was released.
Also im sure apple would’ve warned the father not to post videos online- else firing him is pretty harsh

yep exactly - considering how if he wasnt warned they fired him - i never would wanna work for apple anyway
Original post by gareths
yep exactly - considering how if he wasnt warned they fired him - i never would wanna work for apple anyway

Well then you'll never work at any good company since this is really the sort of rigour that they operate at.
Reply 24
Rules are rules. Still feel bad for her and her dad. :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by daario333
Well then you'll never work at any good company since this is really the sort of rigour that they operate at.

not all companies
Reply 26
Original post by Heyok
Rules are rules. Still feel bad for her and her dad. :frown:

same here
Reply 27
Original post by gareths
its amazing how many subs shes gained - she had less than me before that vid and now she has wayyyy more than me

True. At least something good came out of all that lol.
Original post by gareths
not all companies

Obviously not, since not all of them have the sort of fame and attention as Apple.

However any big company with a large enough corporate reach will be.
Reply 29
Original post by gareths
interesting - funny how no other sites have mentioned it yet when scott forstall got fired it was all over the news

Yeah lol.
Reply 30
Obviously not, since not all of them have the sort of fame and attention as Apple.

However any big company with a large enough corporate reach will be.

for example Microsoft don't have policies like that as i have seen vids of around campus
Reply 31
True. At least something good came out of all that lol.

in a way it is sad how that one vid got her more subs
Original post by gareths
for example Microsoft don't have policies like that as i have seen vids of around campus

The issue here is not the campus though. The issue is she recored footage of a phone that's not released. If I was to release footage of an unreleased surface pro id be sacked.

It gives Apple a bad name since it shows they're not in control of leaks. The only footage they want of the X to be out is that in organised presentations.
Reply 33
The issue here is not the campus though. The issue is she recored footage of a phone that's not released. If I was to release footage of an unreleased surface pro id be sacked.

It gives Apple a bad name since it shows they're not in control of leaks. The only footage they want of the X to be out is that in organised presentations.

yeah
Reply 34
Original post by gareths
in a way it is sad how that one vid got her more subs

True. Most of them won't even be active.
Reply 35
True. Most of them won't even be active.

exactly - yet i try hard to get subs yet i cant seem to
Reply 36
Original post by gareths
exactly - yet i try hard to get subs yet i cant seem to

For most people it will be hard. However, all of these famous youtubers were once in your place and yet they somehow made it.
Reply 37
For most people it will be hard. However, all of these famous youtubers were once in your place and yet they somehow made it.

yep - like me and my future partner may become a famous youtuber couple
Reply 38
Original post by gareths
yep - like me and my future partner may become a famous youtuber couple

That's nice, good luck with that. :smile:
Reply 39
That's nice, good luck with that. :smile:

thanks and hopefully she'll be nerdy like me

Quick Reply

Latest