Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patchesohoulihan)
    Cambridge does not accept international to their graduate programme. Do they not require a BMAT seeing that you already have an interview?

Also, Congrats!!!!!

That's such a shame! They do not require a BMAT score for graduate entry at Cambridge, it is more focused on work experience (plus of course, academics) - very different from Oxford, who don't seem to care much about the experience side.

That's so kind, thank you so much!

May I ask, is Oxford your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hduei)
    That's such a shame! They do not require a BMAT score for graduate entry at Cambridge, it is more focused on work experience (plus of course, academics) - very different from Oxford, who don't seem to care much about the experience side.

That's so kind, thank you so much!

May I ask, is Oxford your first choice?
    I only applied to two UK schools: Oxford and Imperial. I would be fine with either.

I have difficulty deciding my top choice when comparing US and UK schools, haha.

ReputationRep:
    One week until results!!!

ReputationRep:
    One week until results!!!
    I audibly gulped on reading this.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, based on what I read the turn around time is fairly quick. Seeing that interviews are only 3 weeks after the release date... eek.

ReputationRep:
    It's results night! Going by last year e-mails about interviews will start to be sent tomorrow and next week. Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got 5.1, 4.2, 3.5A. Not that happy as I was pretty confident about section 2 and 3. My previous academic record isn't great before uni where I'm predicted a first so I'm not sure what to expect. A PhD student got an interview last year with scores of 4 in sections 1 and 2 so nothing's impossible. Not very confident about my chances though

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone's BMAT go?

ReputationRep:
    Terribly , there is no hope for me 4, 3.7, 3A ; PhD in Viral engineering

ReputationRep:
    5.4 4.5 4A

Really upset about section 2 I was hoping to do better

Got a 1st in my BSc and currently doing a masters

Do you guys reckon I stand a chance?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we hear from Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Also did we have to give anything extra for our application for example a essay etcetera?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash123&)
    Also did we have to give anything extra for our application for example a essay etcetera?
    Nothing aside from the Personal Statement and Transcripts

Or at least I hope... 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisybi95)
    Nothing aside from the Personal Statement and Transcripts

Or at least I hope... 😅
    That's good. Cause I was reading this old thread for 2017 entry and they mentioned something about a essay, maybe they were talking about their uni work lol.

Thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    5.1 6.5 3A

Currently doing my MSci, and I have a BA in Natural Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auramaria18)
    Terribly , there is no hope for me 4, 3.7, 3A ; PhD in Viral engineering
    Don't worry, I bombed this also....

To make you and I feel better....

"The applications of candidates who did not make the initial shortlist were then reviewed by tutors, taking into account any individual circumstances - both academic and non-academic - that might indicate that GCSE and/or BMAT performance is likely to have underestimated their potential. Any applicants deemed worthy of further consideration were then reviewed by a cross-college panel, alongside applicants immediately below the initial shortlist. As a result of this process around 40 additional applicants were added to the shortlist."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash123&)
    Does anyone know when we hear from Oxford?
    Supposedly, invites will be sent out next Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I bombed this also....

To make you and I feel better....

"The applications of candidates who did not make the initial shortlist were then reviewed by tutors, taking into account any individual circumstances - both academic and non-academic - that might indicate that GCSE and/or BMAT performance is likely to have underestimated their potential. Any applicants deemed worthy of further consideration were then reviewed by a cross-college panel, alongside applicants immediately below the initial shortlist. As a result of this process around 40 additional applicants were added to the shortlist."
    Ah man thank you though. Do you mind sharing your stats?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...0Ltr.docx.html

This may provide some solace for us all! The total score does not take in to account the quality of language aspect of the essay. So, last year, with an average higher than this year, a score between 12.1 and 15.5 (with S1 not lower than 4.2 and S2 not lower than 4.0) would not only have been interviewed, but could have secured a place.

2015, for 2016 entry
    Section 1 5.4 (1.2)
    Section 2 4.7 (0.7)
    Essay, mark for language 5.0 (0.0)
    Essay, mark for content 3.0 (0.7)
    Total score 13.8 (1.7)

2014, for 2015 entry
    Section 1 5.9 (1.4)
    Section 2 5.1 (1.0)
    Essay, mark for content 3.5 (0.7)
    Total score 14.6 (2.1)

2013, for 2014 entry
    Section 1 5.4 (1.3)
    Section 2 5.2 (0.9)
    Essay, mark for content 3.5 (0.7)
    otal score 13.9 (2.2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auramaria18)
    Ah man thank you though. Do you mind sharing your stats?
    4.5, 3.6 (what?), 3.5A

I was scoring high 5's low 6's on previous exams too

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.