Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever had a fantasy of Living in the wild and have you ever done something similar. I have always dreamed about doing this and still might, just asking for some of your views and experiences!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ybco124)
    Have you ever had a fantasy of Living in the wild and have you ever done something similar. I have always dreamed about doing this and still might, just asking for some of your views and experiences.
    I strongly suspect once you'd done it for a few hours you'd get bored and want to go home.

I've not 'lived in the wild' but I have lived out of a tent pitched up in whatever space we could find, laybys, carparks, beaches etc. Simple things like where to get fresh water from, where to shower and how to store cold food become massive challenges. Your phone quickly runs out of battery, you have very little money and its bedtime as soon as it gets dark because your torch is constantly out of battery.

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ybco124)
    Have you ever had a fantasy of Living in the wild and have you ever done something similar. I have always dreamed about doing this and still might, just asking for some of your views and experiences!
    Yes, I have been interested in this too for many years.

What plans do you have in this respect?

ReputationRep:
    I've wild camped in the Scottish Highlands, The Lakes and the Alps on several occasions. Although I've never gone more than several days without visiting civilisation for a resupply (you can only carry so much food and get through it fast while carrying a heavy bag).

I've also stayed with people who live off grid and are relatively self-sufficient. If that interests you, google WWOOF.

ReputationRep:
    there is a wonderful book :

Brendon Chase

about boys who go off & live in a forest.

ReputationRep:
    No I have no desire to live in south London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aytuiq)
    Yes, I have been interested in this too for many years.

What plans do you have in this respect?
    Not sure yet still just wondering, will probably go on a gap year first and start hiking and wild camping (in other countries). Then just see how it goes from there.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is quite what you mean,

But I'd very content living in a little cabin and living off the land, growing my own veg, making my own bread and cheese etc and all that.

However I'd still want my internet :lol: and I wouldn't want to completely seclude myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.