Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I haven't found any other forum specifically for gateway 2018 applicants so I figured I'd make one.

I have applied to Bristol and RVC gateway courses and wasn't eligible for Nottingham even though that was my favourite that I visited. This is my second time applying so I currently on a gap year. Last year I applied for Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bristol and Surrey vetmed and was rejected from all for various reasons.

I just thought we could chat, has anyone got any interviews yet? What do you think of the unis you've applied to, I haven't been able to visit RVC yet but I love it, I visited Bristol last year and I love that too.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for all 3 gateway programmes too! No interviews yet, I have only visited Nottingham, and that was on a summer school.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I"m an international student from Canada and I applied for the Preliminary year program at Nottingham. I also applied to the 5-year programs at Bristol, Edinburgh, and Glasgow. Looking forward to meeting you all

Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! No I haven't had any interviews yet. I got an email from Bristol the other day saying that due to the high volume of applicants it was taking a while to get through them all and they were still looking, which I guess is good news because they haven't said no.

(Original post by Moosenhagen)
    I applied for all 3 gateway programmes too! No interviews yet, I have only visited Nottingham, and that was on a summer school.
    Have you sent the supplementary gateway formnor rvc yet? I'm still trying to find some letter to put with it for evidence. Also did you must print it off sign it etc and scan it back in?

(Original post by kittyschaffer)
    Hey guys! I"m an international student from Canada and I applied for the Preliminary year program at Nottingham. I also applied to the 5-year programs at Bristol, Edinburgh, and Glasgow. Looking forward to meeting you all

Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet?
    Wow good luck, I visited Edinburgh last year and it's so nice I would have loved to have gone but I didn't get the grades
    Can I ask what made you want to come the UK instead of any other country to do Veterinary?

ReputationRep:
    . easa lotnglahing ching
    (Original post by HPanimadPJO)
    Hi! No I haven't had any interviews yet. I got an email from Bristol the other day saying that due to the high volume of applicants it was taking a while to get through them all and they were still looking, which I guess is good news because they haven't said no.

Have you sent the supplementary gateway formnor rvc yet? I'm still trying to find some letter to put with it for evidence. Also did you must print it off sign it etc and scan it back in?

Wow good luck, I visited Edinburgh last year and it's so nice I would have loved to have gone but I didn't get the grades
    Can I ask what made you want to come the UK instead of any other country to do Veterinary?
    Basically, what first attracted me to vet school in the UK was that it is easier to get in than in Canada. But once, I started researching and really looking into things, I started really wanting to come to the UK because of the amazing animal rights scene other there. Animal rights is a way bigger deal in the UK than it is in Canada and that is what I'm really passionate about so I felt like it would be a great fit for me. I also have family in England which makes immigrating a lot easier

ReputationRep:
    I think the rvc form can be filled in online and you can just save it and email it. If it's easier to print and scan it's probably ok. Just trying to find some info on my household income before sending it off.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for the 6 years at Nottingham also, I did an access course so can't apply for the 5 year. No news from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    interview at bristol!
    rejected from nottingham (my favourite )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moosenhagen)
    interview at bristol!
    rejected from nottingham (my favourite )

Congrats on your interview! When is it? Hope it goes well
    Sorry about Nottingham though, it was my favourite too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HPanimadPJO)
    Congrats on your interview! When is it? Hope it goes well
    Sorry about Nottingham though, it was my favourite too.
    My interview is on the 14th March (ages away! my classmate who is applying for 5 year vet med has an interview at RVC next week!)
    Have you heard back from RVC or Bristol yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.