Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it ok to ask a friend out on fb? Watch

I really like a girl at uni and I have spoken to her lots in person and online. However this semester I hardly see her. So would it be ok to ask her on a date via Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    better to ask out in person i would suggest maybe arranging to meet up on fb?

ReputationRep:
    I would avoid this. The time while you await a reply is agonising and the longer the delay the worse it feels. It's also lacks a bit of courage which is not an attractive trait. Unless youre very confident of success I'd say it is better to ask her out in person, either face to face or by phone.

Thank you for your advice. What do you suggest I do when I se her next because she is always with her friends?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for your advice. What do you suggest I do when I se her next because she is always with her friends?
    ask if you could speak to her alone? or try to talk to her when shes alone?

I really like a girl at uni and I have spoken to her lots in person and online. However this semester I hardly see her. So would it be ok to ask her on a date via Facebook?
    my ex did that... it was both our first and last date... but we were together half a year...
    I think you will be fine as long as you move at a decent pace afterwards - if you want a relationship... not to slow, but not too fast... i really dont know if this helps but good luck!

my ex did that... it was both our first and last date... but we were together half a year...
    I think you will be fine as long as you move at a decent pace afterwards - if you want a relationship... not to slow, but not too fast... i really dont know if this helps but good luck!
    Thank you for your advice I will hopefully see her this week otherwise I will message her.

ReputationRep:
    Better as other recommended to ask her in personnel
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.