Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever since I came back to school after half term, things just have not been the same .

I've always been a hard worker and got good grades I got 5As at AS and 10A*s in my GCSEs. I've even already got 3 offers from unis that are in the top 5 for my degree.

I don't understand what's wrong. I used to enjoy doing maths and physics. I used to enjoy learning and revising. I used to go on for 3 hours or more just doing maths and physics and I loved it. I loved it.

Now when I sit down to do anything I have no concentration. I have no willpower. I have lost all motivation. Lost all ambition. I have no will to revise but its at the back of my mind all the time.

I have spent 8 hours+ every day this half term sitting on my desk chair procrastinating work..

I have an admissions exam for Cambridge in a couple days and I have done minimal revision for it. Even when I done it, I got an extremely low mark.

I don't know what's wrong, I don't know what's happening to me?

I even have an interview in 2 weeks and It like I don't care. I havent booked a ticket to get there.

I've been gaining weight, eating chocolate and food all day to borrow my prorastination.

I end up spending the day watching videos about alexander the great on youtube and other history related stuff and end up doing nothing.

I used to get worried when I know I had something to do but now I have a month's worth of work and I still havent even started and the admissions exam and interviews and school work.

( What's happening to me?

My dreams to make it to the Elite unis is dying .

what's happening to me?

Hey! I know how are you feeling, it has happened even to me two years ago. I felt as if nothing was enough important to spend my time for. Then I've found the solution.
    My suggestion is to keep in mind your dreams, who you want to be, how much is it important to you and think why those universities have chosen you.
    You need to focus on what you will achieve, I found that having someone to compete with for the best marks was really helpful, obviously he/she needs to be better or at your same level. Anyway I know that this is something that works only for some people.

I hope this will be helpful to you... and never give up💪💪
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I know how are you feeling, it has happened even to me two years ago. I felt as if nothing was enough important to spend my time for. Then I've found the solution.
    My suggestion is to keep in mind your dreams, who you want to be, how much is it important to you and think why those universities have chosen you.
    You need to focus on what you will achieve, I found that having someone to compete with for the best marks was really helpful, obviously he/she needs to be better or at your same level. Anyway I know that this is something that works only for some people.

I hope this will be helpful to you... and never give up💪💪
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.