Turn on thread page Beta

TV License Bullying watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    That is a deviously worded letter.
    I believe they no longer send completely misleading letters like that having been pulled up on that fact that the majority of it was lies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
    They dont need to enter they go around in vans and check- thru satellite waves or something.
    Source?

No.. really,... any source what so ever that proves they have any admissible evidence gathered from 'detector vans'...

Please stop spreading the lies

ReputationRep:
    They dont need to enter they go around in vans and check- thru satellite waves or something.
    It's not possible to do that

(Original post by Reue)
    Ignore their unenforceable letters, as I have been for the past 6 years:

/thread
    >before a hearing is set in court
    >if you are asked to appear in court

bunch of goons lmao

I also like how they don't have your name and are threatening you with legal action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Source?

No.. really,... any source what so ever that proves they have any admissible evidence gathered from 'detector vans'...

Please stop spreading the lies
    Maybe u should search it before u call someone a liar
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    >before a hearing is set in court
    >if you are asked to appear in court

bunch of goons lmao

I also like how they don't have your name and are threatening you with legal action.
    http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ72
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Maybe u should search it before u call someone a liar
    Search what? I asked you for a source for your statement, that's all the searching that is required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Search what? I asked you for a source for your statement, that's all the searching that is required.
    Hah so how do u know its a lie without a source proving the statement is false???

ReputationRep:
    Hah so how do u know its a lie without a source proving the statement is false???
    Yeaaaah... the way 'facts' usually work is that they are false until someone proves them as a 'fact'.

Especially so when you were the first to mention said 'fact'.

So again, I ask you; Please provide a single source showing that evidence gathered from a detector van was admissible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Yeaaaah... the way 'facts' usually work is that they are false until someone proves them as a 'fact'.

Especially so when you were the first to mention said 'fact'.

So again, I ask you; Please provide a single source showing that evidence gathered from a detector van was admissible.
    “Usually”

ReputationRep:
    “Usually”
    Ok bro, have a good sleep

ReputationRep:
    We need to defund the BBC. It has lost its way and no longer serves the public enough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeh i dont agree with their letters.
    I was apparently 'under investigation' like others on this thread just because i plain forgot to reply to their first letter because they sent it like the first week of uni and i had/have a million other things to remember.
    I replied now on their website (it's actually hard to find the link to actually reply with idk if that's intentional or not :/) saying i didnt need one cos i dont but thanks BBC for the cardiac arrest you nearly gave me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Yeh i dont agree with their letters.
    I was apparently 'under investigation' like others on this thread just because i plain forgot to reply to their first letter because they sent it like the first week of uni and i had/have a million other things to remember.
    I replied now on their website (it's actually hard to find the link to actually reply with idk if that's intentional or not :/) saying i didnt need one cos i dont but thanks BBC for the cardiac arrest you nearly gave me
    You actually don't need to reply at all, there is no legal requirement to inform them that you don't need a licence and by replying you're just confirming your contact details so they can send more personalised harassment.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Reue)
    You actually don't need to reply at all, there is no legal requirement to inform them that you don't need a licence and by replying you're just confirming your contact details so they can send more personalised harassment.
    We never replied when we were at uni. They did give up writing to us at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    We never replied when we were at uni. They did give up writing to us at some point.
    You're luckier than I was! I had letters non-stop for a good 6+ years, plus 3 inspector visits.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Reue)
    You're luckier than I was! I had letters non-stop for a good 6+ years, plus 3 inspector visits.
    That is just ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    That is just ridiculous!
    It was. I just kept refusing them access, they got quite wound up. Goons.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.