Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TV License Bullying Watch

• Very Important Poster

(Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    > dramatic

The ones being dramatic are them. "Under investigation" my arse.

> You can contact them if you don't watch live TV

Yes, but this will only (at best) get them off your back for a short while. Also, it gifts them your personal details, which is none of their business, and makes it easier for them to harass you, should they wish to.

The letters don't bother me. What bothers me are the people who are vulnerable to their scare tactics.

How is this different to cold-calling, and rather aggressive cold-calling at that?
    Because they have a right in law to enforce the licence. You seem unable to differentiate that from people without such a right.

Tell them dont tell them up to you. they will just carry on sending the letters then.

ReputationRep:
    > Tunnelbear

Someone watches LTT

I have heard bad things about Tunnelbear tbh
    I actually do occasionally, although I've been using it from before

It's fastest free vpn from what i've tested, plus it comes as a browser addon so it's hassle free. Your recommendation?

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Because they have a right in law to enforce the licence. You seem unable to differentiate that from people without such a right.
    I'm aware of the law. You are the one struggling to differentiate what is morally acceptable from what is legally acceptable.

(Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    I actually do occasionally, although I've been using it from before

It's fastest free vpn from what i've tested, plus it comes as a browser addon so it's hassle free. Your recommendation?
    > Free VPN

I would really tend to avoid those like the plague... but tbf Tunnelbear is probably one of the most reliable FREE VPNs out there.

Recommendation? Depends what you want to use it for. I don't use mine for torrenting etc., just for generic use.

ReputationRep:
    > Free VPN

I would really tend to avoid those like the plague... but tbf Tunnelbear is probably one of the most reliable FREE VPNs out there.

Recommendation? Depends what you want to use it for. I don't use mine for torrenting etc., just for generic use.
    I don't use it for any nefarious purposes, it's mainly to stop kikebook/instagoyim and jewgle tracking me even when i'm not signed in. they use your ip to send you ads now.

>tfw torrent stuff with public ip
    devilish
    although i haven't had any warning letters from my isp in years like some people do, until then i'll continue

ReputationRep:
    Ignore their unenforceable letters, as I have been for the past 6 years:

/thread

(Original post by Reue)

/thread
    That is a deviously worded letter.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing goons, don't let them enter your property, they have as much right to enter as a postman
    They dont need to enter they go around in vans and check- thru satellite waves or something.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    That is a deviously worded letter.
    I believe they no longer send completely misleading letters like that having been pulled up on that fact that the majority of it was lies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
    They dont need to enter they go around in vans and check- thru satellite waves or something.
    Source?

No.. really,... any source what so ever that proves they have any admissible evidence gathered from 'detector vans'...

Please stop spreading the lies

ReputationRep:
    It's not possible to do that

(Original post by Reue)

/thread
    >before a hearing is set in court
    >if you are asked to appear in court

bunch of goons lmao

I also like how they don't have your name and are threatening you with legal action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Source?

No.. really,... any source what so ever that proves they have any admissible evidence gathered from 'detector vans'...

Please stop spreading the lies
    Maybe u should search it before u call someone a liar
    >before a hearing is set in court
    >if you are asked to appear in court

bunch of goons lmao

I also like how they don't have your name and are threatening you with legal action.
    http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ72

ReputationRep:
    Maybe u should search it before u call someone a liar
    Search what? I asked you for a source for your statement, that's all the searching that is required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Search what? I asked you for a source for your statement, that's all the searching that is required.
    Hah so how do u know its a lie without a source proving the statement is false???

ReputationRep:
    Hah so how do u know its a lie without a source proving the statement is false???
    Yeaaaah... the way 'facts' usually work is that they are false until someone proves them as a 'fact'.

Especially so when you were the first to mention said 'fact'.

So again, I ask you; Please provide a single source showing that evidence gathered from a detector van was admissible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Yeaaaah... the way 'facts' usually work is that they are false until someone proves them as a 'fact'.

Especially so when you were the first to mention said 'fact'.

So again, I ask you; Please provide a single source showing that evidence gathered from a detector van was admissible.
    “Usually”

ReputationRep:
    “Usually”
    Ok bro, have a good sleep

ReputationRep:
    We need to defund the BBC. It has lost its way and no longer serves the public enough.
    • Welcome Squad

Yeh i dont agree with their letters.
    I was apparently 'under investigation' like others on this thread just because i plain forgot to reply to their first letter because they sent it like the first week of uni and i had/have a million other things to remember.
    I replied now on their website (it's actually hard to find the link to actually reply with idk if that's intentional or not :/) saying i didnt need one cos i dont but thanks BBC for the cardiac arrest you nearly gave me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Yeh i dont agree with their letters.
    I was apparently 'under investigation' like others on this thread just because i plain forgot to reply to their first letter because they sent it like the first week of uni and i had/have a million other things to remember.
    I replied now on their website (it's actually hard to find the link to actually reply with idk if that's intentional or not :/) saying i didnt need one cos i dont but thanks BBC for the cardiac arrest you nearly gave me
    You actually don't need to reply at all, there is no legal requirement to inform them that you don't need a licence and by replying you're just confirming your contact details so they can send more personalised harassment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.