Turn on thread page Beta

Revision Tips from Current Year 13 & Previous Sixth form Students watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently Studying Maths, Computer Science and Biology

1. How did you revise ?
    2.How long for ?
    3.When did you start ?
    4. What you wish you knew from the start of year 12 and even 13

Even if you are currently in year 12 please still leave a comment so we can help each other out .
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    BUMP!
    Taking English Lit/Lang, History and Graphics, if anyone has humanities advice too

ReputationRep:
    flashcards and mindmaps

ReputationRep:
    Im a second year and I also take Maths. I did Statistics in the first year but now in second year I've moved to decision. I also take Accounting and Economics. I am retaking Core 1 and Statistics 1 this May along with my a level exams. I didn't do very effective revision in first year, hence why I'm retaking a few and so I'll tell you about my revision in second year which has proved very effective!

1. I made a powerpoint for maths and a separate one for economics. After every lesson I made a powerpoint slide with bullet points of the stuff we'd learnt int he lesson. In second year we are literally doing a new topic every lesson so this is a good way of keeping up with the content. Then for each topic I make an A4 poster a month after we first covered the content. Then 3 months later I make A3 mindmaps on multiple linked topics for economics. For maths it's more past papers continuously and exercises from the textbook. Then closer to the exams all my notes will be consolidated into revision cards. But the key is continuous consolidation.

2. The best thing to do is consolidate your class notes straight away then keep going over the large notes and the closer you get to the exam continue to consolidate key information until you have everything you need to know on one revision card all consolidated.

3. In the second year I've got my arse in gear and have started my revision since September, but in first year it was April before exams in MAY and I decided to start making posters which doesn't help at all

4. I wish I had started my revision earlier in the first year and also turned up to my lessons more often. I got ACC in my AS's which has just given me more stress this year with my retakes. Also what I got for AS became my predictions for unis, therefore universities like Bath which I had gone to see in first year and really liked weren't even worth applying for because I didn't have the grades

JUST REVISE STRAIGHT AWAY AND YOU'LL DO FINE

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.