Currently Studying Maths, Computer Science and Biology
1. How did you revise ?
2.How long for ?
3.When did you start ?
4. What you wish you knew from the start of year 12 and even 13
Even if you are currently in year 12 please still leave a comment so we can help each other out .
x Turn on thread page Beta
Revision Tips from Current Year 13 & Previous Sixth form Students watch
- Thread Starter
- 28-10-2017 22:56
- 29-10-2017 11:09
Taking English Lit/Lang, History and Graphics, if anyone has humanities advice too
- 29-10-2017 11:14
flashcards and mindmaps
Im a second year and I also take Maths. I did Statistics in the first year but now in second year I've moved to decision. I also take Accounting and Economics. I am retaking Core 1 and Statistics 1 this May along with my a level exams. I didn't do very effective revision in first year, hence why I'm retaking a few and so I'll tell you about my revision in second year which has proved very effective!
1. I made a powerpoint for maths and a separate one for economics. After every lesson I made a powerpoint slide with bullet points of the stuff we'd learnt int he lesson. In second year we are literally doing a new topic every lesson so this is a good way of keeping up with the content. Then for each topic I make an A4 poster a month after we first covered the content. Then 3 months later I make A3 mindmaps on multiple linked topics for economics. For maths it's more past papers continuously and exercises from the textbook. Then closer to the exams all my notes will be consolidated into revision cards. But the key is continuous consolidation.
2. The best thing to do is consolidate your class notes straight away then keep going over the large notes and the closer you get to the exam continue to consolidate key information until you have everything you need to know on one revision card all consolidated.
3. In the second year I've got my arse in gear and have started my revision since September, but in first year it was April before exams in MAY and I decided to start making posters which doesn't help at all
4. I wish I had started my revision earlier in the first year and also turned up to my lessons more often. I got ACC in my AS's which has just given me more stress this year with my retakes. Also what I got for AS became my predictions for unis, therefore universities like Bath which I had gone to see in first year and really liked weren't even worth applying for because I didn't have the grades
JUST REVISE STRAIGHT AWAY AND YOU'LL DO FINE