Turn on thread page Beta

What have been your worst cooking mistakes? watch

ReputationRep:
    I once made a cake but forgot to add the oil. It was like a bit of squidgy tarmac

ReputationRep:
    Ummmmmmmmmm quite a few:
    - Attempted to make fudge and it didnt go well, ended up burning it :cry2: Looking back at it, I have no idea why I attempted it (I try to avoid using the hob :rofl:)
    - Once microwaved some porridge for my sister..........with the spoon still inside (it was one of those ones with like a plastic handle)
    Dw guys, I did make a new one for her

The most stressful tho was when I made a chocolate and treacle cheesecake :hide:
    - The thing I thought would be hardest (melting the butter on the hob) turned out to be the easiest thing
    - THe whipping cream I had bought wouldnt whip............. I tried putting it in the fridge and freezer and like an hour later, it still wouldnt thicken
    - During this time, the melted chocolate had hardened :rolleyes: so I thought maybe if I put the runny whipping cream with the solid melted chocolate, it might balance each othere out and make it ok :yep:
    - That didnt happen and just had to chuck it away
    - The galaxy counters I used instead (they were gona be decoration) and in the end I just added the remaining whipping cream as it was
    - I had to freeze it for like a day before it resembled cheesecake :facepalm:
    - It tasted amazing in the end, but dont buy Asda whipping cream bc it will stress you out to the max

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.