Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Vanvu234)
    Hi there,

    Next year, I am applying for uni, I am eligible to get the Tuition Loan as I have 3 years of living in the UK, but I am not sure that I can get the Maintenance Loan as from what I've read, I need to have at least 5 years, which I don't.

    In the UK I am living with my uncle as both my parents are in my natal country, which is part of the EU. Last year my cousin applied for a maintenance loan, but he applied as a son of a migrant worker because his father is working in the UK and he has been living in the UK for more than 5 years

    My question is, am I am able to apply for a maintenance lone by using my uncle and applying as "nephew of a migrant worker"? Or could I apply through my parents even if they are not working in the UK?

    I think you have to have a close relative to be able to get funding under migrant worker status and i m not sure that nephew is close enough.

University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.