Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UPDATED for 2015 series. A-Level Chemistry thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed the only successful thread for A-level chemistry dates back to 2006. Of course, the spec for that era is long gone so this thread is a revamp!
    Feel free to drop any notes, banks and past papers (since the vast majority of them have been removed from AQA (and any other exam board for that matter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbelTesfaye_isMJ)
    I've noticed the only successful thread for A-level chemistry dates back to 2006. Of course, the spec for that era is long gone so this thread is a revamp!
    Feel free to drop any notes, banks and past papers (since the vast majority of them have been removed from AQA (and any other exam board for that matter)
    Hi. I know a website that has revision papers for my subjects(history english etc).Perhaps they have some for Chem. I can message you it if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Hi. I know a website that has revision papers for my subjects(history english etc).Perhaps they have some for Chem. I can message you it if you wish.

Do message it here as this is a hub of the subject matter u speak of

ReputationRep:
    Do message it here as this is a hub of the subject matter u speak of
    Would OCR one’s be acceptable ? My friend in a gc message each other bombarding them with OCR exam papers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Moved to the chemistry forum and given a lovely coloured title so it stands out to anyone coming to the chemistry forum
    This was on my list of things to revamp, so it's great that you've done it as it saves me a task!

I'm in year 12, so I've only done 2 months of A level, and I am finding it quite tricky so far (my teacher uses flipped learning so we're basically self teaching the course which really doesn't suit my style of learning unfortunately). I seem to be mostly understanding it as we go through, but I'm not sure much is sticking in my head as we just do one topic in a lesson and then do a load of practise questions which are literally repeating the same method with different numbers, which I can do at the time but can't seem to replicate in a test
    My college won't let me drop it though (I do 4 subjects so in theory I could), so I need to focus on improving the grade rather than dwelling on the fact I'm struggling at times.
    We're on Edexcel btw.

If anyone has any useful resources then it would be great if you could link them, as I've been looking into potentially optimising the chemistry resources sticky for the new spec so if anyone has any recommended resources they would be extremely helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Moved to the chemistry forum and given a lovely coloured title so it stands out to anyone coming to the chemistry forum
    This was on my list of things to revamp, so it's great that you've done it as it saves me a task!

I'm in year 12, so I've only done 2 months of A level, and I am finding it quite tricky so far (my teacher uses flipped learning so we're basically self teaching the course which really doesn't suit my style of learning unfortunately). I seem to be mostly understanding it as we go through, but I'm not sure much is sticking in my head as we just do one topic in a lesson and then do a load of practise questions which are literally repeating the same method with different numbers, which I can do at the time but can't seem to replicate in a test
    My college won't let me drop it though (I do 4 subjects so in theory I could), so I need to focus on improving the grade rather than dwelling on the fact I'm struggling at times.
    We're on Edexcel btw.

If anyone has any useful resources then it would be great if you could link them, as I've been looking into potentially optimising the chemistry resources sticky for the new spec so if anyone has any recommended resources they would be extremely helpful
    thanks for your contribution. I am currrently in A2 and im actually finding it a whole lot more relaxed than the previous year. my advice to you is get a good grip on the thoery first, which can help you understand s to what ur calculations show and why are they so. Also do not rely Solely on the revison guide. use a variety of websites, videos (preferably uni level as they go into teh nitty gritty stuff which can help elaborate those small doubts u may have on part but A level is fine. some resources i reccomend you to use are:

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/ <-for past papers as well as revision
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MrERintoul

and also for topics which require intensive calculations (like equilibrium) i suggest u also scour the web to find practice questions which answers as well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your contribution. I am currrently in A2 and im actually finding it a whole lot more relaxed than the previous year. my advice to you is get a good grip on the thoery first, which can help you understand s to what ur calculations show and why are they so. Also do not rely Solely on the revison guide. use a variety of websites, videos (preferably uni level as they go into teh nitty gritty stuff which can help elaborate those small doubts u may have on part but A level is fine. some resources i reccomend you to use are:

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/ <-for past papers as well as revision
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MrERintoul

and also for topics which require intensive calculations (like equilibrium) i suggest u also scour the web to find practice questions which answers as well
    No worries Hopefully it will get better for me then if it did for you! The problem I find is I don't know what I'm meant to be understanding, so I can't tell if I understand the right things iyswim. I use all sorts of resources I have 3 textbooks, plus our teacher sometimes recommends resources such as chemguide for certain topics. And my dad who has a chem degree (rather convenient that...)
    Thanks for those recommendations!
    No shortage of practise questions here fortunately. That's the only thing our teacher provides consistently! Thanks for the recommendation though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    No worries Hopefully it will get better for me then if it did for you! The problem I find is I don't know what I'm meant to be understanding, so I can't tell if I understand the right things iyswim. I use all sorts of resources I have 3 textbooks, plus our teacher sometimes recommends resources such as chemguide for certain topics. And my dad who has a chem degree (rather convenient that...)
    Thanks for those recommendations!
    No shortage of practise questions here fortunately. That's the only thing our teacher provides consistently! Thanks for the recommendation though
    if u wanna know if u are learning the right things....use the specification. Its basically a checklist of things you need to know
    https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...cification.pdf
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    if u wanna know if u are learning the right things....use the specification. Its basically a checklist of things you need to know
    https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...cification.pdf
    We get the specification points...I just don't always understand them :hide: Thanks for trying to help though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.