The Student Room Group

Is A Level Religious Studies - Philosophy, Ethics & Buddhism Good For Medicine?

Hi. Is this a traditional subject and respected by unis. Is it good for medicine? Thanks. Btw i am taking bio and chem but not physics or maths.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm in year 12 and studying that with Christianity- everyone I have spoken to (a LOT of people lol) said that it's fine alongside bio and chem. I haven't had even one person question its suitability.

However, you'd be at a disadvantage for Cambridge which likes 3 sciences (however UCL likes a contrasting subject) and a level maths would probably help with bmat so check that the few unis which want this exam aren't the only ones you'd want to apply to.
The subject could help with medicine in terms of ethics especially.

I'm loving RS btw and in no way regret not taking a level maths. But make sure you ace gcse maths and develop your skills so that you won't struggle with the maths in chemistry.
Original post by niamh787
I'm in year 12 and studying that with Christianity- everyone I have spoken to (a LOT of people lol) said that it's fine alongside bio and chem. I haven't had even one person question its suitability.

However, you'd be at a disadvantage for Cambridge which likes 3 sciences (however UCL likes a contrasting subject) and a level maths would probably help with bmat so check that the few unis which want this exam aren't the only ones you'd want to apply to.
The subject could help with medicine in terms of ethics especially.

I'm loving RS btw and in no way regret not taking a level maths. But make sure you ace gcse maths and develop your skills so that you won't struggle with the maths in chemistry.

Thanks for the advice. Greatly appreciated 👍

Quick Reply

Latest