The Student Room Group

How to get over your first relationship?

Hey guys I’m 15 and I’ve just gotten out of my first relationship with my boyfriend, he denies that we were ever official but he always used to refer to me as his girlfriend in our texts, I left him because he was controlling and manipulative and he just messed with my emotions too much for his own entertainment but he was my best friend prior to that for several years. The day I left him for my own good listening to everyone I finally felt free I still wanted to be friends as I still loved and cared for him but he decided to move on to my best friend and they had a thing for a few weeks until they broke up because my “best friend” then suddenly started caring about my feelings, hm.. anyways, I spent so much money and time on this boy, he wasn’t a good influence but he always had my back and looked out for me which made my mum love him so much I was texting, phoning or with him 24/7, but the controlling aspect got too much for me the way he never used to let me associate with any males unless they were family, how he chose my friends and made me argue with my best friends so he’d be my first priority.

That being said, he was my first kiss and honestly the first boy who made my heart flutter when his name came on my screen, everyone said we were cute together and I always stood up for his name when everyone claimed he treated girls like dirt.. although he did.. I thought I was different to his previous girlfriends as I was close with his family and the ex’s never met his family.

He’s now dating one of my ex friends who told me to leave him and they’re both out to make my life hell. He’s spread some really horrible rumours and lies about me and I can’t believe he’d do anything like that since he was the boy with all the “wifey” “future kids” “I can’t wait to wake up with you everyday in the future” “my beautiful little princess” bs the good morning texts and the late night calls, I miss all of it so much.. maybe more so all of that than him, I’ve tried to get this bond with so many other boys but it’s just not there.

I fell in love with my best friend and he broke my heart.

I had to put me first but he doesn’t see it like that, I moved to his school for him leaving all my friends and now he just gives me dirty looks, his new girlfriend keeps telling him if he’s really over me he’d beat me up so he came to mine the other day but my dad scared him away.

I’m so sick and tired of thinking about this boy, I’ve deleted our messages and photos but I can’t move on because I see a reflection of him in every boy.. I’m tired and all his words all the names he called me just stir around in my brain I just want his hugs and his kisses but he’s moved on, he can’t even be on mutual terms with me which is all I really want tbh but he’s so rude towards me, and has made up some really unforgivable lies about me and his new girlfriend is something completely else she’s out to make everyone hate me and I don’t even know what I’ve done to her!

Has anyone had similar experiences or know ways to distract myself from this hurt and ongoing drama?? I keep thinking I’m over him but whenever I see him all the memories come flashing back.

Thanks.
Bump
Jeez! You're 15 and you typed all of that. Congrats first of all.
I didn't read all of that because it's too long but I'll give you some advice, YOU'RE 15 FFS?!

Btw did you shag him?
Did you use protection?
wow this is actually quite traumatizing , i suppose if things really get out of hand you can talk to your parents since they know him. Personally i cant stand people who spread rumors behind your back and try to turn people against u , it is pretty vile of them . You could try fighting fire with fire and try moving on from your ex , maybe start talking to kinder boys who are more considerate and appreciative , then your ex will get the message and he will leave you alone with his ̶b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶y̶ ̶s̶k̶a̶n̶k̶ gf (who i hope gets smacked in the face by karma)
I'm thinking I'll cross that bridge if I ever come to it.
Original post by shaggy armpit 69
I didn't read all of that because it's too long but I'll give you some advice, YOU'RE 15 FFS?!

Btw did you shag him?
Did you use protection?

I’m sorry aha I rambled on it just feels like the worst thing ever bc it’s taken over my school life and NO I DIDNT SHAG HIM
Original post by Ray_Shadows
wow this is actually quite traumatizing , i suppose if things really get out of hand you can talk to your parents since they know him. Personally i cant stand people who spread rumors behind your back and try to turn people against u , it is pretty vile of them . You could try fighting fire with fire and try moving on from your ex , maybe start talking to kinder boys who are more considerate and appreciative , then your ex will get the message and he will leave you alone with his ̶b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶y̶ ̶s̶k̶a̶n̶k̶ gf (who i hope gets smacked in the face by karma)

Aha thank you! Yes moving on will probably make him so jealous and I’ll stuff my middle finger in my ex and his girl’s face when they see me happier:smile:)
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys I’m 15 and I’ve just gotten out of my first relationship with my boyfriend, he denies that we were ever official but he always used to refer to me as his girlfriend in our texts, I left him because he was controlling and manipulative and he just messed with my emotions too much for his own entertainment but he was my best friend prior to that for several years. The day I left him for my own good listening to everyone I finally felt free I still wanted to be friends as I still loved and cared for him but he decided to move on to my best friend and they had a thing for a few weeks until they broke up because my “best friend” then suddenly started caring about my feelings, hm.. anyways, I spent so much money and time on this boy, he wasn’t a good influence but he always had my back and looked out for me which made my mum love him so much I was texting, phoning or with him 24/7, but the controlling aspect got too much for me the way he never used to let me associate with any males unless they were family, how he chose my friends and made me argue with my best friends so he’d be my first priority.

That being said, he was my first kiss and honestly the first boy who made my heart flutter when his name came on my screen, everyone said we were cute together and I always stood up for his name when everyone claimed he treated girls like dirt.. although he did.. I thought I was different to his previous girlfriends as I was close with his family and the ex’s never met his family.

He’s now dating one of my ex friends who told me to leave him and they’re both out to make my life hell. He’s spread some really horrible rumours and lies about me and I can’t believe he’d do anything like that since he was the boy with all the “wifey” “future kids” “I can’t wait to wake up with you everyday in the future” “my beautiful little princess” bs the good morning texts and the late night calls, I miss all of it so much.. maybe more so all of that than him, I’ve tried to get this bond with so many other boys but it’s just not there.

I had to put me first but he doesn’t see it like that, I moved to his school for him leaving all my friends and now he just gives me dirty looks, his new girlfriend keeps telling him if he’s really over me he’d beat me up so he came to mine the other day but my dad scared him away.

I’m so sick and tired of thinking about this boy, I’ve deleted our messages and photos but I can’t move on because I see a reflection of him in every boy.. I’m tired and all his words all the names he called me just stir around in my brain I just want his hugs and his kisses but he’s moved on, he can’t even be on mutual terms with me which is all I really want tbh but he’s so rude towards me, and has made up some really unforgivable lies about me and his new girlfriend is something completely else she’s out to make everyone hate me and I don’t even know what I’ve done to her!

Has anyone had similar experiences or know ways to distract myself from this hurt and ongoing drama?? I keep thinking I’m over him but whenever I see him all the memories come flashing back.

Thanks.

I never had one by i feel for u which means that I understand what you are going though with that.
Original post by shaggy armpit 69

Btw did you shag him?
Did you use protection?

Ur react man. I feel for you.
Original post by Sarahxmoor
Aha thank you! Yes moving on will probably make him so jealous and I’ll stuff my middle finger in my ex and his girl’s face when they see me happier:smile:)

that's the spirit , gl
The way you get over someone? Try to figure out what you've learnt from the experience, I know it wasn't a great experience but you will have learnt things. Things that you now know not to put up with and things about yourself that you didn't know before, each experience that we have in our lives makes us better people...the bad ones and the good ones. The only way to get over something is to view these experiences as part of knowing what you want out of life and what you want from people that you love. Falling out of love and being hurt is a horrible necessity that allows us to appreciate when we have the good things. One day you will look back at this and be glad for it, I promise.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well first relationships leave their mark, I'm 17 and I had my first relationship when I was 15 too but just learn to live without him, honestly, you'll probably think that he's a douche and all but eventually you'll be over him, I'm still friends with my ex but its really complicated lmao anyway he seems like a ****boy so I'd say just move on, try not to think about him focus on yourself, your studies etc in a few years it won't matter at all.

Original post by Anonymous

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending