Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Previously streamed Fulltime to an audience of around 100 regulars for the best part of a year. Still making revenue through subs but I earn nowhere near as much as I used to back in the day.

AMA.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Previously streamed Fulltime to an audience of around 100 regulars for the best part of a year. Still making revenue through subs but I earn nowhere near as much as I used to back in the day.

AMA.
    Were you a boob streamer?

(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    Were you a boob streamer?
    I wish haha.

ReputationRep:

AMA.
    100 regulars? Couldn't have made you much.

How much did you make from it in your last full tax year?

Attachment 699538

(Original post by Reue)
    100 regulars? Couldn't have made you much.

How much did you make from it in your last full tax year?
    Not telling you how much I have made through subscriptions and third party intervention but I am happy to show you my donations etc. I did not make but a lot but I made enough to live off.

ReputationRep:
    Not telling you how much I have made through subscriptions and third party intervention but I am happy to show you my donations etc. I did not make but a lot but I made enough to live off.
    Time to get a mod to edit the title from "AMA" then..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

AMA.
    What made you quit?

(Original post by Reue)
    Time to get a mod to edit the title from "AMA" then..
    Starting off I was earning literally nothing. I played a specific game for a long time since it launched and managed to plug myself around. I managed to pull in around £300 in GBP and a decent amount USD. My donations etc were chopped down a lot converting it back into GBP.

My best months netted me a pretty penny with regular $200 streams. My best month also aligned with the month I was affiliated so it is not a great representation.

ReputationRep:
    Starting off I was earning literally nothing. I played a specific game for a long time since it launched and managed to plug myself around. I managed to pull in around £300 in GBP and a decent amount USD. My donations etc were chopped down a lot converting it back into GBP.

My best months netted me a pretty penny with regular $200 streams. My best month also aligned with the month I was affiliated so it is not a great representation.
    so how much on average per month in GBP?

(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    What made you quit?
    I regularly streamed 11+ hours a day and it took its toll on me. I was debating going back to school since I have a straight A record. The money is good but the devotion and need to continually play games took the fun out of it for me. I still stream to make a small income but I have ensured all of my donators etc know that it is no longer for me to live off.

I use to stream to buy super noodles.

(Original post by Reue)
    so how much on average per month in GBP?
    When I say I was streaming full-time, I was simply doing it to make some spending cash and to buy computer parts. It was no elaborate plan to make financial gains, it simply just happened in the space of a month.

In the summer of this year, I was making an average of around £600 in donations of all different types.

ReputationRep:
    When I say I was streaming full-time, I was simply doing it to make some spending cash and to buy computer parts. It was no elaborate plan to make financial gains, it simply just happened in the space of a month.

In the summer of this year, I was making an average of around £600 in donations of all different types.
    'Full-time' kinda suggests a 40 hour week.

(Original post by Reue)
    'Full-time' kinda suggests a 40 hour week.
    If you read an earlier post you would see that some days I would stream 11 hours flat. I was streaming 80-90 hours over 14 days give or take a few hours. I said I was doing it to make some extra money, I was putting in some nutty hours.

ReputationRep:
    If you read an earlier post you would see that some days I would stream 11 hours flat. I was streaming 80-90 hours over 14 days give or take a few hours. I said I was doing it to make some extra money, I was putting in some nutty hours.
    80-90 hours per month?

(Original post by Reue)
    80-90 hours per month?
    Nah, my steam hours were pegged at 80-90hrs over 14 days (usually 80) with my stream running whenever I was playing a game. The money was **** when you look at how many hours I was streaming. I guess I am doing this to dispell more myths and misconceptions about streaming and to provide any settings and advice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.