Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Leeds and Bath both want A*AA for aerospace engineering. I cant apply for both. Which one would you recommend?
    (Title is spelt wrong ik)

ReputationRep:
    Leeds seems to have better student satisfaction etc. You should try this: https://unistats.ac.uk/Compare-Courses It'll show you the breakdown of each area of the course at each uni

ReputationRep:
    Leeds' course is very mechanical focused and is in a decent sized city. Bath offers more content in other areas such as electronic engineering, and they're very good at getting people into years in industry. It's in a small city but it's still quite lively, and it's easy and cheap to go to Bristol if you want that larger city vibe.

So personally I would go for Bath. A lot of people end up getting more interested in the electronics content of aero even if they went in entirely preferring the mechanical side. And the location shouldn't be a problem like in other small city/town based unis.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i ended up choosing the top 5 unis on the complete uni guide after cambridge xD however, I chose bath cause everyone i have talked said it was good, and then its a lot closer to me than leeds, plus the uni seems great, but leeds does have a lot of study abroad options so its up to u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben ESC)
    Personally, i ended up choosing the top 5 unis on the complete uni guide after cambridge xD however, I chose bath cause everyone i have talked said it was good, and then its a lot closer to me than leeds, plus the uni seems great, but leeds does have a lot of study abroad options so its up to u
    I did the top 4 after Cambridge. What is good about surrey for it to be ranked so high?

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure surrey had a few wind tunnels or something, plus the uni is like 13th in the country, above bristol and southampton. personally, i only picked surrey as a back up 'london' uni if i dont get imperial. i'm planning on going to imperial, i've got an interview but i will probably flop that and the test, so my more realistic back up is bath and bristol (haven't decide which one), i applied to southampton in case i didn't get one of them, and then surrey will be my back up but i'm pretty confident of getting A*AA, so i have no intention of going to surrey. I've currently got offers from bath and bristol so i dont care about southampton any more but im praying i get an offer from imperial in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben ESC)
    im pretty sure surrey had a few wind tunnels or something, plus the uni is like 13th in the country, above bristol and southampton. personally, i only picked surrey as a back up 'london' uni if i dont get imperial. i'm planning on going to imperial, i've got an interview but i will probably flop that and the test, so my more realistic back up is bath and bristol (haven't decide which one), i applied to southampton in case i didn't get one of them, and then surrey will be my back up but i'm pretty confident of getting A*AA, so i have no intention of going to surrey. I've currently got offers from bath and bristol so i dont care about southampton any more but im praying i get an offer from imperial in the end
    I am applying for imperial, i have picked Bristol,Bath,Southampton,Imperia l. Need a good AAB uni for last choice. When did you send your application off and whats your predicted grade??

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off on like the 8th of october? i got an AAA offer Surrey the next day, and then A*AA offers from bath and bristol this weekend. i was predicted A*A*AA, but if I dont get an offer from imperial ima drop economics and just do physics, maths and further maths

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.