Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Leeds and Bath both want A*AA for aerospace engineering. I cant apply for both. Which one would you recommend?
    (Title is spelt wrong ik)

ReputationRep:
    Leeds seems to have better student satisfaction etc. You should try this: https://unistats.ac.uk/Compare-Courses It'll show you the breakdown of each area of the course at each uni
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Leeds' course is very mechanical focused and is in a decent sized city. Bath offers more content in other areas such as electronic engineering, and they're very good at getting people into years in industry. It's in a small city but it's still quite lively, and it's easy and cheap to go to Bristol if you want that larger city vibe.

So personally I would go for Bath. A lot of people end up getting more interested in the electronics content of aero even if they went in entirely preferring the mechanical side. And the location shouldn't be a problem like in other small city/town based unis.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i ended up choosing the top 5 unis on the complete uni guide after cambridge xD however, I chose bath cause everyone i have talked said it was good, and then its a lot closer to me than leeds, plus the uni seems great, but leeds does have a lot of study abroad options so its up to u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben ESC)
    Personally, i ended up choosing the top 5 unis on the complete uni guide after cambridge xD however, I chose bath cause everyone i have talked said it was good, and then its a lot closer to me than leeds, plus the uni seems great, but leeds does have a lot of study abroad options so its up to u
    I did the top 4 after Cambridge. What is good about surrey for it to be ranked so high?

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure surrey had a few wind tunnels or something, plus the uni is like 13th in the country, above bristol and southampton. personally, i only picked surrey as a back up 'london' uni if i dont get imperial. i'm planning on going to imperial, i've got an interview but i will probably flop that and the test, so my more realistic back up is bath and bristol (haven't decide which one), i applied to southampton in case i didn't get one of them, and then surrey will be my back up but i'm pretty confident of getting A*AA, so i have no intention of going to surrey. I've currently got offers from bath and bristol so i dont care about southampton any more but im praying i get an offer from imperial in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben ESC)
    im pretty sure surrey had a few wind tunnels or something, plus the uni is like 13th in the country, above bristol and southampton. personally, i only picked surrey as a back up 'london' uni if i dont get imperial. i'm planning on going to imperial, i've got an interview but i will probably flop that and the test, so my more realistic back up is bath and bristol (haven't decide which one), i applied to southampton in case i didn't get one of them, and then surrey will be my back up but i'm pretty confident of getting A*AA, so i have no intention of going to surrey. I've currently got offers from bath and bristol so i dont care about southampton any more but im praying i get an offer from imperial in the end
    I am applying for imperial, i have picked Bristol,Bath,Southampton,Imperia l. Need a good AAB uni for last choice. When did you send your application off and whats your predicted grade??

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off on like the 8th of october? i got an AAA offer Surrey the next day, and then A*AA offers from bath and bristol this weekend. i was predicted A*A*AA, but if I dont get an offer from imperial ima drop economics and just do physics, maths and further maths

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.