Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Did anyone apply to Middle Temple inn for a BPTC scholarship last year or recently?

What suggestions would you give for the question you want the panel to ask you, as i have a few options but i'm not sure.
    If I should base it on general discussions on my motivations to the bar or something more specific such as my favourite case and why or current affair or a law reform i would suggest?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aksa1997)
    Hi,
    Did anyone apply to Middle Temple inn for a BPTC scholarship last year or recently?

What suggestions would you give for the question you want the panel to ask you, as i have a few options but i'm not sure.
    If I should base it on general discussions on my motivations to the bar or something more specific such as my favourite case and why or current affair or a law reform i would suggest?

thank you
    Not sure if you still need help with this, but please let me know if you do (:

ReputationRep:
    Hi do you have any advice for the middle temple scholarship interview, I have mine coming up next week?! Thank you very much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizolove)
    Not sure if you still need help with this, but please let me know if you do (:
    Hi do you have any advice for the middle temple scholarship interview, I have mine coming up next week?! Thank you very much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodles21)
    Hi Noodles21- have you had your interview already? Would you care to share your experience?

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry - I didn't see this. If you haven't had your interview already, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

If anybody is reading this, if you search 'scholarship interview' on twitter or go on the middle temple twitter page, you will see retweets from people (major scholarship scholars) giving scholarship advice!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!! No I haven’t had mine yet, it’s tomorow!!
    Any advice is welcome thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizolove)
    I am so sorry - I didn't see this. If you haven't had your interview already, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

If anybody is reading this, if you search 'scholarship interview' on twitter or go on the middle temple twitter page, you will see retweets from people (major scholarship scholars) giving scholarship advice!

Any advice is welcome please & thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Any advice is welcome please & thank you x
    Happy to answer any questions you might have - I know it can be daunting.

Best advice I can give is to check out twitter (i.e. have a look at middle temple's retweets) as there's advice on there!
    Also, just be calm - it's so easy to be nervous, but they're not trying to catch you out! Middle Temple is full of amazing, friendly members of the bar, and they don't want to make a fool of you, they just want to see the best in you, so just try and treat it like a formal conversation.

TOP TIPS:

Big yourself up (without sounding too pompous!) - don't be afraid to tell them what you've achieved.
    Be yourself - they don't care who you are or where you have come from (in fact, MT are well known for this inclusive attitude to the bar)
    Eye contact - so important (make sure you don't look at the floor)
    Don't ramble - if you don't have an answer to the question they ask, don't just repeat yourself, summarise/close off the question and they'll ask another.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.