Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I pull a girl when her friend "really likes me"? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what the accepted "M.O." is. At bars I often find myself with girls who aren't my type, not because they aren't nice looking but because I just only feel attracted to a tiny % of women. Here are a few situations I often find myself stuck in:

1) Someone will be like "hey my friend really likes you do you think she's cute?" and obviously I HAVE to say "yes" and talk to her because otherwise she will feel hurt. But then once I talk to her, her friends back down, and because of my terrible luck I will usually be really attracted to one of her friends. A couple of weeks ago for example I was set up with a girl and really liked her friend. Her friend kept saying I'm the most beautiful guy in the world and stuff every few seconds, but I was stuck with the other girl so it f*cked me over.

This has ONLY worked out in my favor one time when the girl I spoke to was into threesomes so she let her friend have some too. But it's rare.

2) Once I speak to a girl, I'm then essentially chastised and can't go chat up any other girl, lest she see that and feel hurt. This is something else that happens a lot, and I just have to stand there with girls I'm really into around me in the room having to ignore them all while feeling frustrated.

Now my life just consists of going to the gym and working from home with a small group of friends, so I'm not clued up on social conventions. What am I meant to do in these situations? I don't even know how to go over and talk to a girl I like, I don't know what the normal thing to say/do is. Even if I know they checked me out, that probably even makes it harder and more awkward to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    1) Someone will be like "hey my friend really likes you do you think she's cute?" and obviously I HAVE to say "yes" and talk to her because otherwise she will feel hurt.
    You could probably work out a way of politely saying you're not interested. You may well run into the same situation of the friends backing down 'cause they'll not wanna hurt the initial girl that "really liked" you, but it'd save you the masochism of talking to people you don't care about.

(Original post by RockyDennis)
    2) Once I speak to a girl, I'm then essentially chastised and can't go chat up any other girl, lest she see that and feel hurt. This is something else that happens a lot, and I just have to stand there with girls I'm really into around me in the room having to ignore them all while feeling frustrated.
    If you end up talking to a random girl, if it's not of those girls that "really likes" you then you could explain to whatever girl you're speaking to that you fancy her m8 and need a wingwoman. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    You could probably work out a way of politely saying you're not interested. You may well run into the same situation of the friends backing down 'cause they'll not wanna hurt the initial girl that "really liked" you, but it'd save you the masochism of talking to people you don't care about.

If you end up talking to a random girl, if it's not of those girls that "really likes" you then you could explain to whatever girl you're speaking to that you fancy her m8 and need a wingwoman. :dontknow:
    How can I stop a girl's friends from backing down? Often in any group of girls one will really like me, which means I don't get to pick the one I actually like, so it f*cks me over with almost all girls I chat to. It's very distressing. I'm very particular so in a club full of 100 girls I'll probably only be attracted to about 4 or 5, and only really like 1 or 2 - which means odds aren't on my side when a girl walks up to me.

If I just go in the bar and walk up to a girl I like straight away before anyone else has a chance to try it on with me, maybe that would help. What is the accepted thing to say? "Hi, you look nice"?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.