Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do not have ALevels, so I would like to do an Access to Higher education course as I am 20 years old. The entry requirement for Korean studies says :

Access to HE Diploma D: 30 credits
    M: 15 credits
    P: 0 credits
    60 credits overall with Distinctions in 30 Level 3 credits, and Merits in 15 Level 3 credits

So, does this mean I would have to do an Access course in a relevant subject, as I don't know where to find a languages Access course... please help me I am so stuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mightyfox67)
    I do not have ALevels, so I would like to do an Access to Higher education course as I am 20 years old. The entry requirement for Korean studies says :

Access to HE Diploma D: 30 credits
    M: 15 credits
    P: 0 credits
    60 credits overall with Distinctions in 30 Level 3 credits, and Merits in 15 Level 3 credits

So, does this mean I would have to do an Access course in a relevant subject, as I don't know where to find a languages Access course... please help me I am so stuck.
    You could contact Sheffield to ask for advice on access courses they have accepted students from in the past..
    I'd guess that many English or Humanities access courses would be adequate, I don't know how you would need to demonstrate interest or aptitude for languages.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    your access course has to be in a relevant subject, contact Sheffield and ask them what would count as a relevant subject
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.