Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mental health/A-levels/Lifestyle blog✨🌻 Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is 45% a GYG thread + 55% a documentation of how this entire academic year goes (if I even manage to update till the end).

Backstory:

I am retaking year 12 because of a series of crappy events last year. I'm not going into detail but extenuating circumstances aside, this year I hope to be my best self and persevere regardless of what the inevitable is.

GCSE's
    Spoiler:
    Show

4As 3Bs 3Cs 1D

1st YEAR OF AS GRADES - sixth form
    Spoiler:
    Show

Maths(D) Chemistry(E) Physics(U)

2nd YEAR OF AS GRADES - college
    Spoiler:
    Show

Personal Targets:

Maths(A)
    Further Maths(B/A)
    Physics(A)
    Economics(B/A)

I will be self teaching Further Maths AS *if I actually ever get round to doing this as I haven't even ordered the book yet even though it has been in my amazon basket for over 2 weeks now*

Although the goal for most is AAAA, I will honestly be happy with a few B's/C's as long as I know I'm content with how this academic year goes and my learning progress.

I'll post random things sometimes like my favourite songs I'm currently listening to, motivational youtubers (u already know Ibz Mo is one them..) + daily struggles + things I'm getting involved in at college + books I'm reading + friends + poetry I write + my spoken word YouTube channel I hope to start next year + blah.

Also, I've seen countless threads like these where people have long term career goals but I don't think I have one. Ideally I want to go to University and hopefully study engineering but that's it. I don't want to plan too much. I can't think about what will happen after Uni lmao my brain is blocked after that.. idk maybe get a job and live a 9-5 lifestyle and get married and talk to my husband about my 9-5 day @ work and have kids and live like anyone who lives to survive on this planet .. ha ahahaahahaha.

For me, focusing more on the short term is better/healthier.

Idk when my first update will be (probs next week because I have a job interview for a cupcake store)

I also have mock exams coming up so I'll update this OP when those results are in.

🦄💜.

ReputationRep:
    11/11/17

Well then..

I was really looking forward to my first update being super positive and productive but the wait for that is getting a bit lengthy.

Nonetheless, academic wise, I am getting everything done to a somewhat satisfactory standard.

I had a maths test and got the highest result in the entire year + I have another next week which I have lacked preparation for so far, oops.

The problem is, I am fully aware that I don't have the best family dynamic so I shouldn't be staying at home to study but I don't always have the option of going to the library.
    Oh well, I will persist to cope.

I despise my macroeconomics class and need to speak to my micro teacher to tell them to fix the f*** up.
    Physics is amazing, enjoying it a lot more this year.

Still haven't heard back from the cupcake shop I applied to. Sigh. They said they'll respond within 7 days post interview. It is now the 10th day.

**I will hopefully update soon with better stuff e.g. Things I'm getting involved in at college but atm I'm just a lil numb.**

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.