Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have no idea what to do Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have work experience

ReputationRep:
    When applying for work, you should just use one email address - it is easier to monitor and everything work-related will be in one place. Do you not check your other email addresses?

In the email, did they not send any welcome information at all or any details? In terms of what to wear, I would wear smart or smart casual clothes, bring a notepad, pen and calculator (anything that you think might be useful). In terms of start time, is it worth ringing early in the morning tomorrow to check the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    When applying for work, you should just use one email address - it is easier to monitor and everything work-related will be in one place. Do you not check your other email addresses?

In the email, did they not send any welcome information at all or any details? In terms of what to wear, I would wear smart or smart casual clothes, bring a notepad, pen and calculator (anything that you think might be useful). In terms of start time, is it worth ringing early in the morning tomorrow to check the time?
    Thanks i called in the end but the problem was they used a typo in the email address

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ovvpbpbbppbpb)
    I have work experience tomorrow. Its with this Engineering firm called Arup. I only realised that I was successful about 2 days ago as they had sent all the emails to a different email address, turns out they had emailed 2 weeks ago but I had c waited just in case by application wasnt successful . I told them about this on Friday n received an email on Friday (same day)saying that i was accepted and smn from HR would get in touch with me.Noone has and they are closed on the weekend. Yesterday i emailed both the guy who emailed me, and the other email they sent stuff to ( they typed my name wrong ). I have no idea what time to go tomorrow what to wear or what to bring. Does any geius have any idea because i have 0. Legit have no idea. Btw its a 5 day placement.
    Dress smartly but sensibly (shirt and trousers, no jeans, but probably don't need a tie and/or blazer jacket) Take a change of clothes that can get mucky in case you'll be doing any grubby engineering tasks. Take lunch, some money, pens and paper, and maybe proof of ID or something if you can?

If you have a phone number for them, try that as well. But as long as you arrive sensibly equipped they can't blame you for not having the right stuff - after all they haven't told you!

After day 1, you'll obviously be fine because you can find out what you'll need for the next day by asking people.

Don't panic!

ReputationRep:
    Thanksssss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.