Turn on thread page Beta

How to start blogging as a teenager ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I’m 16 and I have a good idea and would like to maybe start an online blog / online business surrounding my idea and I would like it to be successful and get well known how would I start ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Start off with creating a blog - I would recommend using Blogger or Wordpress. Make sure you post regularly but good quality posts, and every
    time you post, promote it. Use Facebook, Twitter, or you can leave a link on other relevant blog posts. Once you generate more traffic and more followers, it will give you a good basis for your online business.

ReputationRep:
    Do people even use blogger or Wordpress anymore?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Haha, there may be other blogging platforms, but Blogger and Wordpress are two of the most well known. You could also use Youtube if you are feeling brave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    Made a Medium account and start blogging on there. It’s the most well known free blogging site and it’s super popular.
    Yep, I agree

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I`m not a huge fan of Medium. I prefer WordPress instead. I have used both platforms and from my own experience WordPress is the best one and very simple to use. No technical skills required to set up a professional blog. WorPress blogs are more user-friendly. I personally used wordpress blog themes by TemplateMonster. They work fine for me! If you are interested, here is a great resource with cool wordpress theme photos https://www.templatemonster.com/cate...dpress-themes/ .

ReputationRep:
    Who says you have to be a teenager to start blogging?

ReputationRep:
    just start blogging!
    it's trial and error...enjoy

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.