Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Had a coldsore 5 weeks ago but the mark still hasn't gone...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    the coldsore is gone itself but my lip still has a mark on it, it's a different colour and is almost like slightly excess skin from being 'stretched' so to speak. It's been like this for the last 3 and a half weeks with no change.

It's disgusting

wtf can i do to make it go back to normal??

ReputationRep:
    Yo asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    Yo asap
    hmm have you gone to the doctors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymouspsych)
    hmm have you gone to the doctors?
    No, they're absolutely useless with these types of things.

ReputationRep:
    Did you mess round with the cold sore? Normal cold sores are caused by the HSV (usually type 1) and heal without scarring. But if you've tried to "burst" it or peel it off before the vesicle healed then you may have caused additional trauma leading to fibrosis and hence the scarring you're seeing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Did you mess round with the cold sore? Normal cold sores are caused by the HSV (usually type 1) and heal without scarring. But if you've tried to "burst" it or peel it off before the vesicle healed then you may have caused additional trauma leading to fibrosis and hence the scarring you're seeing.
    I don't think I did but often times when i showered the scab so to speak to come off just because of water, it's not even the colour. It's like excess skin thingy thats got me stressed.

ReputationRep:
    brb no one helped

also who tf put this in health where it'll get no replies

ReputationRep:
    where the **** did you get symptomatic herpes from

ReputationRep:
    Time. The skin is fresh and therefore a different colour to your natural complexion. It can take anywhere from 1-3 months for that area to completely heal and return back to normal without scarring. Try to keep the area moisturised and use Vitamin E Oil, or a Scar Serum to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I don't quite understand what you mean by excess skin, but don't pick at it, all should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Technetium)
    Time. The skin is fresh and therefore a different colour to your natural complexion. It can take anywhere from 1-3 months for that area to completely heal and return back to normal without scarring. Try to keep the area moisturised and use Vitamin E Oil, or a Scar Serum to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I don't quite understand what you mean by excess skin, but don't pick at it, all should be fine.
    you know how when you get a coldsore the area puffs like a zit almost.

that without the actual coldsore, it's just like a small area of stretched lip skin if that makes sense. It's as if after the coldsore went, the lip never went back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    you know how when you get a coldsore the area puffs like a zit almost.

that without the actual coldsore, it's just like a small area of stretched lip skin if that makes sense. It's as if after the coldsore went, the lip never went back to normal.
    Oh right, I understand. It will eventually scab over/dry up and fall off. Don't worry. As annoying as it is, it just takes time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inthedark1)
    where the **** did you get symptomatic herpes from
    what herpes?

i get them periodically every year since i was 16-17, i dno who gave it to me.

(Original post by Technetium)
    Oh right, I understand. It will eventually scab over/dry up and fall off. Don't worry. As annoying as it is, it just takes time.
    at this point idc if it takes a year as long as it goes eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    what herpes?

i get them periodically every year since i was 16-17, i dno who gave it to me.

at this point idc if it takes a year as long as it goes eventually
    Oh right, it should heal a little more than it has but it may never go completely its hard to say. Post a pic I'l tell you if it looks bad as theres probably only you who notices it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.