Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am applying for medicine this year and I am trying to find info on the styles of interview of the places I am applying to so that I can be prepared. But I can't find anything about Liverpool other than that it is MMI.

Does anyone have any information about what the interview is like or any websites that explain it?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I think this applies for nearly all universities, but you will be given more information regarding the interview if you get an interview. You might not get a solid answer as most candidates who have had an interview will have had to sign a confidentiality clause, and breaking that can have consequences on fitness to practice.

That said, it is always good practice for any med interview to go over ethical scenarios, reflection on work experience, basically stuff you put on your personal statement. (After all, you put them in for a reason!) I know Keele also has a separate test for calculations, so maybe that would be a good thing to practice too.

Oh, and a tip for MMIs: you aren't the only one there. If you have a keen ear and can multi task, you can focus on your current station while listening for the next one. Kind of sly, but some MMIs take place in halls rather than in rooms. That way, you gain extra time to prepare for your next one.

Sorry if that isn't any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazingphoenix)
    I think this applies for nearly all universities, but you will be given more information regarding the interview if you get an interview. You might not get a solid answer as most candidates who have had an interview will have had to sign a confidentiality clause, and breaking that can have consequences on fitness to practice.

That said, it is always good practice for any med interview to go over ethical scenarios, reflection on work experience, basically stuff you put on your personal statement. (After all, you put them in for a reason!) I know Keele also has a separate test for calculations, so maybe that would be a good thing to practice too.

Oh, and a tip for MMIs: you aren't the only one there. If you have a keen ear and can multi task, you can focus on your current station while listening for the next one. Kind of sly, but some MMIs take place in halls rather than in rooms. That way, you gain extra time to prepare for your next one.

Sorry if that isn't any help.
    Thank you! - helpful tip for the MMIs, although I think I will be stressing too much about my current station to think about the next haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.