does it mean i'm ugly if he only compliments my personality?

Watch
cielle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi. the guy i'm kinda talking to (like in a romantic way) only compliments me on my personality and how kind and sweet i am etc.

i know that it's good and he doesn't just like me for superficial things but i am insecure and it just makes me feel like a potato.

please help?
rafiali99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it "official" that you're both talking in this romantic way? I'd say that he doesn't want to come off as too full on if he started to compliment your looks and then it might push you away.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cielle)
hi. the guy i'm kinda talking to (like in a romantic way) only compliments me on my personality and how kind and sweet i am etc.

i know that it's good and he doesn't just like me for superficial things but i am insecure and it just makes me feel like a potato.

please help?
If a guy usually doesn’t comment on appearance, then maybe he’s shy too? He doesn’t want to tell you you’re pretty as he doesn’t know what you’ll say or how you’ll respond
cielle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by rafiali99)
Is it "official" that you're both talking in this romantic way? I'd say that he doesn't want to come off as too full on if he started to compliment your looks and then it might push you away.
i'd say so. we both said we liked each other
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No it doesn't mean that.
queen_idk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cielle)

please help?
of course no.. it could just mean he is shy and worried if he compliments you about your body he would disrespect you in someway and the fact that society says that most girls like to be complimented about personality rather than body dose not help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads