queen_idk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hey can you please helping in the following question: with a reference to one LIC,how can the manufacturing industry stimulate economic development
0h_n0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What level are you at? A-level or GCSE?
ns_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is likely that in class you studied a LIC; if so, use that one - otherwise, pick one that has or currently is undergoing a process of industrialisation.

Detail the situation prior to industrialisation; GDP, dependecy ratio, GDP per capita, employment rate et cetera - do not forget the economic structure i.e. what percentage of people are employed/GDP is generated in the primary sector? in the secondary sector? and in the Tertiary sector? [It is unlikely that they would have a Quaternary sector but that is possible.]

Detail the process of industrialisation - what changed? any involvement from TNCs?

Detail its effects - i.e. economic growth - by how much has GDP changed? and per capita?

A good reference for facts is the CIA World Fact Book.
queen_idk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 0h_n0)
What level are you at? A-level or GCSE?
GCSE
ns_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by queen_idk)
GCSE
Then it is likely that the LIC will be India (especially if you are doing the Edexcel specification)
0h_n0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ns_2)
It is likely that in class you studied a LIC; if so, use that one - otherwise, pick one that has or currently is undergoing a process of industrialisation.

Detail the situation prior to industrialisation; GDP, dependecy ratio, GDP per capita, employment rate et cetera - do not forget the economic structure i.e. what percentage of people are employed/GDP is generated in the primary sector? in the secondary sector? and in the Tertiary sector? [It is unlikely that they would have a Quaternary sector but that is possible.]

Detail the process of industrialisation - what changed? any involvement from TNCs?

Detail its effects - i.e. economic growth - by how much has GDP changed? and per capita?

A good reference for facts is the CIA World Fact Book.
Adding to what ns_2 said, I'd think about the manufacturing industry, thinking about what companies might be manufacturing there, if you have done a case study on a TNC, use what you've learnt about them, if not, companies like Nike and Apple are both TNC's. Think about the benefits of having a TNC move into a LIC with a development such as a large factory, such as an increase in available jobs, and the benefits it brings the local area, but also think about negative points, such as problems it may bring, such as pollution, and dangerous working environments, and working below the minimum wage with dangerous hours.
As ns_2 also said, the CIA world fact book is a good resource https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (643)
48.53%
No (682)
51.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise