Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What book left an impact on you? Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Share the book that impressed you or left a mark on you with us! :smartass:

In my case, that was Animal Farm by George Orwell. I read it when I was very young (about nine or ten years old) and I hated it so much exactly because it was so sad. To this day, I still cannot forget how I felt when I read it. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Refugee Boy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Charlotte's Web

It taught me about diversity and that no one should be judged on how they look and also that true friendship is one of the greatest joys in life :yep:

The fact its about animals really got me to as well. Y'all know me when it comes to animals

ReputationRep:
    War and Peace. I still have backache because of it.

ReputationRep:
    The only book that's changed my life (sounds so dramatic) is the MMK, and it's not for everybody because it's so bloody obscure. Nevertheless, it completely changed my outlook on the world.

ReputationRep:
    The 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey - harsh, devastating but beautifully cruel
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight Mister Tom. I read it when I was 7 and I still remember telling everyone that would listen about it, and then reading it over and over until I got my hands on the film. Then reading it again.
    • Welcome Squad

The Fault In Our Stars

and

The Illustrated Mum

and

Spy for the Queen of Scotts

and and and the most important,

Lola Rose

ReputationRep:
    Hellfire by John Saul was quite impactful. I remember admiring the vengeful nature of the ghosts and wanting friends like that. :devil:

Recently, though, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness made me cry. I think we can all learn something from that book. I cried multiple times when reading it! I always cry at Patrick Ness, though.

ReputationRep:
    goodnight mr tom - to this day i still wont watch it. its the bit about the baby mostly
    the boy in the stripped pyjamas
    salvage the bones
    me before you

ReputationRep:
    So many books have had a impact on me. These are my top four though.

Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte.
    Brave New World- Aldous Huxley
    Tess of the D'Urbervilles- Thomas Hardy
    His Dark Materials- Philip Pullman
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime
    Boy in the Striped pyjamas

ReputationRep:
    Kensuke kingdom by Michael Murpurgo , we were reading it as a class in yr 4 , i loved the first chapters so much i went out and bought a copy and read it all by myself in one night , which i regret because it made me lose interest when we read it in class , still a great book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime
    Boy in the Striped pyjamas
    the curious incident was certainly different.
    i didnt expect the layout when i opened it

ReputationRep:
    the lovely bones, a thousand splendid suns, and the alchemist <3

everyone should read the alchemist. i was honestly on a happy cloud the whole time i was reading it.

ReputationRep:
    Love, Light and Mermaid Tails: One Woman's Healing Journey Back to Wholeness Through Stage Four Cancer by Fi Munro

I read this book a few months ago and it was absolutely amazing. The writer is such a strong woman who is surviving with a smile on her face. Inspirational.

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of an funny story
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    Animal Farm by George Orwel
    When I saw the title for this thread, even before I opened it, I immediately thought of Animal Farm. Timeless Classic!

ReputationRep:
    It's Kind of a Funny Story is my favourite book of all time, I reread it as soon as I finished it the first time! It's the most honest book I've ever read about mental illness, it really stuck a chord with me. I especially like the fact Craig has an average upbringing and despite this is still struggling depression. Usually characters have a complicated backstory, so the simplicity of his was really interesting.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Goodnight Mister Tom....until I got my hands on the film.
    There's a film? Where the hell have I been?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.