Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm a student interested in studying at Durham University and would like some feedback about the course / life at the university:

- What is the course like?
    - Are the modules interesting?
    - Do you enjoy the teaching?
    - What is life like at Durham?
    - What is the social life like at Durham?

ReputationRep:
    Cheeky bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    I don't do Computer Science but I can tell you about Durham life in general. I have just finished First Year and it has honestly been the best year of my life. I have met so many amazing new friends thanks to the collegiate system and am so glad I came here. There were times I thought to myself in first term that I may have been better suited to a place like Bristol due to Durham having a slightly crappy night life but having finished the year, I cannot wait to come back next year.One thing I will say is that I often find the college environment during first year to be similar to a massive boarding school. I am far from the typical Surrey posh boy stereotype associated with Durham, and so there were times I felt a little out of place. However it is so easy to meet new people both in college and in other colleges that I soon found a group I could fit in with. Whilst the clubs aren't great compared to other universities (in fact they're awful), I love the fact that the Durham social life revolves more around house parties, corridor parties and simply just going to the pub for a chilled drink rather than only clubbing, as that suits me a lot more. Again, each individual would react differently to Durham night life.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.