Computer Science Durham Watch

chimpinky
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I'm a student interested in studying at Durham University and would like some feedback about the course / life at the university:

- What is the course like?
- Are the modules interesting?
- Do you enjoy the teaching?
- What is life like at Durham?
- What is the social life like at Durham?
Ksjdndn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cheeky bump
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bump
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
NoTimeForCaution
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bump
Mistahezakiah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bump
Squig3y
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't do Computer Science but I can tell you about Durham life in general. I have just finished First Year and it has honestly been the best year of my life. I have met so many amazing new friends thanks to the collegiate system and am so glad I came here. There were times I thought to myself in first term that I may have been better suited to a place like Bristol due to Durham having a slightly crappy night life but having finished the year, I cannot wait to come back next year.One thing I will say is that I often find the college environment during first year to be similar to a massive boarding school. I am far from the typical Surrey posh boy stereotype associated with Durham, and so there were times I felt a little out of place. However it is so easy to meet new people both in college and in other colleges that I soon found a group I could fit in with. Whilst the clubs aren't great compared to other universities (in fact they're awful), I love the fact that the Durham social life revolves more around house parties, corridor parties and simply just going to the pub for a chilled drink rather than only clubbing, as that suits me a lot more. Again, each individual would react differently to Durham night life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed