Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to go into games development, but also have more general Computer Science skills, so I'm opting for Computer Science with Games Engineering and similar courses. I'm predicted A*BB in Computing, Maths and Physics; it could go up to A*AB though. Which Unis are the best for this? I'm already looking at Leeds, City and Brunel, as well as more general Computing courses at Bath and Kings.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Southampton has a very strong CS department, and a good emphasis on "applied" topics - including some games design/development options, as well as the usual software engineering and graphics areas that relate to it. May be worth considering, although you're slightly lower than their standard entry criteria. However I believe the course ends up in clearing from time to time anyway, so they may make a standard offer to you to see if you can stretch to that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.