Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So as I walk into work, I always come across my managers who I work with and rarely see.

I say hi and greet them as custom.

Sometimes they say hi back and give their heart out with the way they smile and greet me.

Rarely I dont notice them and they find me and say hi and greet me.

But......there've been so many times where I say Hi and they legit just blank me and stay silent/ ignore me/ act as if I dont exist and dont acknlowedge me.

I'm one of the types of jolly , happy people who'll say hello to everyone I know at whatever time and all but like its annoying when they do this. Whats wrong with people?

Like it generally ruins my mood so much when it happens, like all it takes is a smile back or saying hi, are you alright?

So once I see people now, should I just stay silent and let them interact with me first? Im so confused. I dont know when to greet people and whether to do it first.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't say hi to them when they say hi to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randz18)
    Don't say hi to them when they say hi to you
    I would feel morally wrong doing that. I just dont think i'd be able to bring myself to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Some people just have a boot up their arse about something. Brush it off, don't take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever thought that they may have simply just not heard you?...

ReputationRep:
    just say "hi" without any expectation of a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    Have you ever thought that they may have simply just not heard you?...
    I thought that for a while until I had a lot of instances occur with me where we're really close to each other and I say hi and a few times when we even make eye contact and they air me.

ReputationRep:
    ignore them honestly i have the same issue but i just laugh it off and think they are just *******s and keep smiling at them,they are just being mean and it'll probably just piss them off more, and they are probably just mean because they dont appreciate that you are nice and/or dont understand it and their incense tell them to just hate it so think of it that they are less developed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanny)
    So as I walk into work, I always come across my managers who I work with and rarely see.

Sometimes they say hi back and give their heart out with the way they smile and greet me.

But......there've been so many times where I say Hi and they legit just blank me and stay silent/ ignore me/ act as if I dont exist and dont acknlowedge me.

I'm one of the types of jolly , happy people who'll say hello to everyone I know at whatever time and all but like its annoying when they do this. Whats wrong with people?

Like it generally ruins my mood so much when it happens, like all it takes is a smile back or saying hi, are you alright?

So once I see people now, should I just stay silent and let them interact with me first? Im so confused. I dont know when to greet people and whether to do it first.
    London?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You seem like a nice (guy? girl? I'm so sorry :lol: ), so I doubt that they're doing it to spite you. Perhaps they have something tolling on their minds - That's happened to me a lot where I'm contemplating something really depressing and sorta 'blank out' so I'm not sure.
    Don't let them dishearten you. Keep being the nice _____ (sorry :embarrassed: ) you are because it makes you a better person.

So, from me -

"Hey, how are you?"

Hope this helped you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen_idk)
    ignore them honestly i have the same issue but i just laugh it off and think they are just *******s and keep smiling at the if they are just being mean then it'll probably just piss them off more, and they are probably just mean because they dont appreciate that you are nice and/or dont understand it and their incense tell them to just hate it so think of it that they are less developed
    Thank you. That seems like a good idea. I'm glad im not the only one who faces this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    London?
    Nope. Im from the East Midlands.

ReputationRep:

Just ignore them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonstaXD)
    You seem like a nice (guy? girl? I'm so sorry :lol: ), so I doubt that they're doing it to spite you. Perhaps they have something tolling on their minds - That's happened to me a lot where I'm contemplating something really depressing and sorta 'blank out' so I'm not sure.
    Don't let them dishearten you. Keep being the nice _____ (sorry :embarrassed: ) you are because it makes you a better person.

So, from me -

"Hey, how are you?"

Hope this helped you x
    Thank you, it certainly did help. I do get your point and maybe it must be because they're depressed. Its just annoying how their own depression leads to others being so depressed and hi, yeah Im great thanks, just feeling a little lazy applying for placements, how are you?

ReputationRep:
    Lack of social skills perhaps? You don't always get promoted on your social skills or ability to manage people. Often your knowledge of the subject/job/technology counts for more.

ReputationRep:
    No, continue to be yourself. I'm sure that your greetings and smiles are welcome. It's difficult to know why some people aren't responding - perhaps they were deep in thought about a major issue, or personal problem. We usually don't know what issues someone has, but being kind often helps lift their mood a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    No, continue to be yourself. I'm sure that your greetings and smiles are welcome. It's difficult to know why some people aren't responding - perhaps they were deep in thought about a major issue, or personal problem. We usually don't know what issues someone has, but being kind often helps lift their mood a little.

Thats what i would do

ReputationRep:
    You just need to accept that some people are f**king rude sadly. There is a guy I work with whom I make a specific effort to greet and say goodbye to every day, some days he just walks straight past me without even looking.

However, I still continue to do it, just because other people are impolite doesn’t mean I will be!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    You just need to accept that some people are f**king rude sadly. There is a guy I work with whom I make a specific effort to greet and say goodbye to every day, some days he just walks straight past me without even looking.

However, I still continue to do it, just because other people are impolite doesn’t mean I will be!!
    That's what I like to see. that attitude

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.