Could someone please help and just simply list and explain the Basic German Grammar Rules needed for GCSE.
Basic German Grammar Rules needed for GCSE Watch
- Thread Starter
They will vary by exam board, have you asked your teacher for a checklist or checked your exam board specification?
I'd say if you're confident with these points you should be good to go:
- Word order, including when words such as weil will kick the verb to the end etc.
- Tenses and using them correctly, ich habe gegangen, ich ging, ich werde....Verb, ich würde.....verb etc. Knowing how to properly form tenses, if you forget verbs at the end or form them incorrectly your work won't be that clear.
- Die/der/das. My tip for this is every time you learn a word, learn which of the 3 goes with the word rather than guessing every time.
- Some understanding of cases: genitive, dative etc. You can read about these online and there are plenty of videos on YouTube to help with this.
- Word endings, know when to use the correct ending on verbs and adjectives. E.g. Ich spiele, du spielst, er/sie/man spielt etc.
BBC bitesize has a german grammar section which will pretty much cover everything, but I've just included the basics. Hope that helps. Viel Glück