Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people take so many photos at parties ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that a lot of people post thousands or photos on Instagram/ social media about parties and events they've be to.
    But why do they take so many photos instead of just enjoying the event?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "RED")
    I've noticed that a lot of people post thousands or photos on Instagram/ social media about parties and events they've be to.
    To "remember good times".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    To "remember good times".
    But when it's excessive- feels like they did nothing else
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "RED")
    But when it's excessive- feels like they did nothing else
    I get what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "RED")
    so that the nerds that weren't invited can still have fun with their left hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    😂
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    To show off.....people take pictures to brag later on of what their night before was, its like having hard proof that they went to the party and so they could show to the people who dont go or didnt go to the party that they had 'fun',
    also, our society praise and the idea that if you go to the party and the more you drink, means you are liked or cool or popular and 'wild'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen_idk)
    To show off.....people take pictures to brag later on of what their night before was, its like having hard proof that they went to the party and so they could show to the people who dont go or didnt go to the party that they had 'fun',
    also, our society praise and the idea that if you go to the party and the more you drink, means you are liked or cool or popular and 'wild'
    It's likely also as a sign of acceptance they require from others but I do also get that when you have a good time often it's fun to share it with friends and family but you can tell that the photos taken is literally all they did

ReputationRep:
    My god it's so f*cking annoying
    yesterday I went to a Halloween party, no one was doing anything except taking snaps and selfies while my friends and I danced our hearts out.
    *twerk* *twerk*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "RED")
    It's likely also as a sign of acceptance they require from others but I do also get that when you have a good time often it's fun to share it with friends and family but you can tell that the photos taken is literally all they did
    its probably to fill a void

ReputationRep:
    lol you can take photos and still enjoy the party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "RED")
    I know what you mean. Just this morning I tapped through over 100 photos and videos of a party my friend was at the night before. She was snapping for over 3 hours! Did she actually look anywhere else except her phone? Did she ever put her phone away? Did she actually speak to anyone? It's all the same blurry, dark videos and photos of the same thing - jolty dancing and muffled music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    My god it's so f*cking annoying
    yesterday I went to a Halloween party, no one was doing anything except taking snaps and selfies while my friends and I danced our hearts out.
    *twerk* *twerk*
    That was exactly my point they literally did nothing but interrupt conversations to take flashing photos - blinding half the party with flash 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I know what you mean. Just this morning I tapped through over 100 photos and videos of a party my friend was at the night before. She was snapping for over 3 hours! Did she actually look anywhere else except her phone? Did she ever put her phone away? Did she actually speak to anyone? It's all the same blurry, dark videos and photos of the same thing - jolty dancing and muffled music.
    With over a thousand people tagged in it so u get to see the same hundred photos of yourself and people u went with at different angles 😂😝

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=1secondsofvamps;74323060]lol you can take photos and still enjoy the party[/QUOT
    Blinded for half the night 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    The one person with the ripped shirt or Georgie + Pennywise costume 😂

ReputationRep:
    i take photos because i like to have pictures with my friends where we're all having fun.. just not in excess

ReputationRep:
    I think it has got excessive. Photos used to be for special occasions only and you could get drunk or misbehave without it being remembered for ever and possibly be viewed by future employers.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the whole “Snapchat/insta story” crowd who have to document the entire night and constantly thrust a camera in your face. I don’t mind being in the odd photo but there’s no need to photograph every single moment.

When I was younger I was definitely guilty of taking too many photos though, back when we’d all take out our digital cameras and take about 2893728 photos and upload every single one to Facebook regardless of whether they were good or not - so now I’ve got so many albums with titles like “Nights out summer 2008” which I just can’t bring myself to delete.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.