Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
    What if the glass is actually always full - half of air , half of water?
    We never discuss the size or contents of this glass. The nature of pessimists and optimists varies on a flexible scale so the this simple yet known by some "effective" method of determining a person's view on opti/pessimism really depends on a whole load of factors.
    The mind in complex don't you think?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I dont consider myself a negative person, more of a realist, but compared to the masses that really is a negative state of mind to be in

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter whether it's regarded as half empty or half full. Very soon, no matter how fresh the milk, it's either going off or it's going to be
    consumed. So, it's destiny is to be empty. Even if that glass gets filled up several times a day, even if it gets a new owner, it will eventually be
    empty. Unless it's been smashed first.

Past a certain age, only stupid, nasty or cycnical people are optimists as they have less to lose, more to gain, from clever,
    kind or naive people.

ReputationRep:
    the sentence took me a while to get my head around ngl

ReputationRep:
    Mm.....I am a pessimist because I have never had a great deal of money to waste or speculate with . I grew up on state benefits after my step dad died when I was a kid . I therefore soon realised that it was essential to make do and mend . I have always adopted this lifestyle and so far it has served me well . I would urge anyone to appreciate and embrace frugality as it is far more rewarding than gambling your future away on an optimistic failed venture .
    Never spend more than what's in your pocket and always remember that spending money doesn't buy you happiness . All it does is make you poorer .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I tend to be a realist, with optimistic tendencies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.